• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dear to me i know; rapt
    Abysm hungers for the easy affection that his father always gives him. Rapt has never denied him. Never. So he looks and he finds because his father is never heard to find.

Of course this means that the near-grown colt has to step out of everyone’s dreams. Mostly his own though. So he materializes on this plane of existence within the common lands that his father haunts like a sad ghost. 

He knows why his father is sad - her, always because of her. She moved on to more hearts and more sons and daughters. Does Rapt feel left in the dust as much as Abysm does? He moves close enough for their shoulders to run and his nose to touch Rapt’s jawline in a brief nibble of affection and deference.

“Do you hate her?” 
    naturally, he’s curious. Sometimes he does even though she’s his mother. The gate just comes natural to him as a result of her neglect. Even more so as she parades her queenly new lover and their perfect trio of babies in front of his face. 

It feels like a slap and has about as much effect on him as an actual one does - it stings and the hurt goes down deep to fester there. That hurt becomes a rot that he tries not to nature but it breeds in him. “I’ll hate her if you want me to.” ever eager to please the only one that has ever loved him unconditionally. 

“Sometimes I already do.” 
    his confession is pained, whispered.

@[rapt]  Heart
    i would do anything for love,
    but i won’t do that 

Messages In This Thread
    dear to me i know; rapt - by abysm - 08-14-2018, 08:18 AM
    RE: dear to me i know; rapt - by rapt - 08-17-2018, 06:58 PM
    RE: dear to me i know; rapt - by abysm - 08-19-2018, 01:52 PM