• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

not long now to the rising; any

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    Sanctuaries do not often sanctify demons; but, I suppose, there are first for everything.

It is little Rhaegor who alerts me of her arrival, his head bobbing up with perked ears and shining eyes. From where I'd been standing with Sviko and Warlight, I watch as some kind of unearthly recognition crosses those volumous eyes, a sort of conscious astral planing that I cannot begin to fathom. I have my own magics, and he has his; it's a balance; it's life. But when I tread carefully over to my little buckskin boy, he catches me by surprise by turning opening his mouth to speak. Rhae's words are few and far between; and so I bend down to catch his whispers.

The river demon is coming.

Shaken slightly but such an ominous statement, I hide my expression by nuzzle my son's forelock, wondering at what he could possibly mean; but I come to the same conclusion as him before long, and the worry leaves my face. Pressing a kiss to his sooty head, I turn and quietly find Solace, asking her to watch the dreamlets for an hour or so while I go to meet an old friend at the border. Her eyes find me rather knowingly; but the trust between us is undeniable. She kisses me goodbye. The children watch as I go.

And, true to the words of my son, she appears: her disregard for the border is no surprise, but it is also no crime. Hyaline, as I said, is a sanctuary: any may enter, as long as they are willing to be greeted by one of the council members. And of course, she must know that I am coming to greet her; my scent is on every blade of grass, in every drop of dew.

I come up to her wordlessly, perhaps influenced by my mute son. From the opposite direction, the body of Hyaline's local reincarnate approaches, as black as night and sweaty from flight training. I've been watching her progress, admiring really. Upon recognizing her, Panthera raises herself from the grass not far off and stalks calmly closer, purring loudly; I hadn't even known the leopard had been around, but of course, she always seems more interested in those around me than of myself. Figures.

At long last, we all converge almost at once: demon, queen, reborn child, and leopard. A strange mixture of occult and mystery. There's a smile on my lips; I almost purr, as my cat does.

"Hello," I allow. "Welcome to the Sanctuary, Zosma."
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    not long now to the rising; any - by Zosma - 07-31-2018, 07:56 PM
    RE: not long now to the rising; any - by Tähti - 08-02-2018, 05:44 AM
    RE: not long now to the rising; any - by Kagerus - 08-02-2018, 10:26 PM
    RE: not long now to the rising; any - by Zosma - 08-07-2018, 02:22 PM
    RE: not long now to the rising; any - by Tähti - 08-07-2018, 03:34 PM
    RE: not long now to the rising; any - by Kagerus - 08-14-2018, 02:29 PM