• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Uncertainty
    Her attention had been devoted to the sooty bay mare, though she kept a well-trained ear upon Leilan.  Apparently her diversion had worked, evidenced by the way he had shifted then startled away from her sudden appearance next to his roaned body.  She'd not dared break her focus from the new mare, despite how much she wanted to lose that sincere grin in favor of a silly laugh as she watched his reaction from her periphery.  Even when she'd caught his gaze at her jest of a nice view, she didn't lose her grip on the mask of diplomacy.  They had an audience and this was not the place for lighthearted antics.

But his silence was beginning to speak loudly to her, and it was concerning.  Breaking her gaze from the now properly introduced Roseen, she spares a glance back to him, raising a brow ever so slightly.  Surely by now he would have had a cheeky quip to offer the group.  Perhaps she had interrupted something in the making here, and her presence was not appreciated.  It really never occurred to the woman that just maybe, he had been walking down the road to ruin like she had; a road littered with confusing emotions and wicked yearnings to find any obstacle worth a simple distraction.  

And really, some time ago, she'd already come upon the end of the road, discovering what resilient emotion had been awaiting her acknowledgement all along.  At the time she'd grieved at the realization, then she'd grown angry, but ultimately she'd accepted it for what the truth of it was.  It had been enlightening actually, but it still left a singlar fear of facing him some day.  She'd left him standing on the shores of Nerine over a year ago now, trying to avoid crossing paths at all costs, trying to figure out the what, why, how? until she'd realized there was no explanation for it.  It just was.

Breckin had thought that maybe, she could simply try to pick up where they had left off, pretend like nothing strange had happened that day.  Maybe if she teased him, joked with him, smiled at him, all would be well without her having to fully admit outloud what had caused her to flee that day.  And the simple fact that she was not the brave soul she pretended to be, because she so devastatingly feared what his reaction would be if she laid the truth in front of him.

But her presence was not eliciting the reaction from him she had been ultimately hoping for she realizes, dropping her gaze from him in favor of the ground.  Sighing deeply, her attention returns back to the dappled stallion and Roseen, reforming the fallen smile with softening eyes.  The sooty mare had been growing anxious with the growing numbers she had attracted, and Breckin feels a pang of familiarity with the relatable mare.  That had been her some time ago.  A strange longing to reach out and comfort the other woman washes over her, but she refrains, not entirely sure if that would be an act deemed as welcoming or threatening, so remains where she stood, choosing instead to offer soft words of encouragement.

"You should visit Loess, Roseen, and the other kingdoms as well, other than Sylva.  Experience what each one has to offer you, then make your decision.  That is what I did a few years ago when I first stumbled into the Field, and I chose to call the Nerinian Sisterhood home.  I'm entirely biased when I say this, but you could do great things in Nerine--grow in confidence and wisdom, as well as learn to protect yourself from dangers.  You could become a Warrior or Diplomat or both if you so wished, or simply live in peace along the coast as a resident.  The choice is ultimately yours, my friend, but remember that it is just that yours.  The door to Nerine is always open to promising women like yourself, and know that I am available for any questions that you may have."

@[Leilan] @[Roseen] @[Arthas]

Messages In This Thread
    Uncertainty - by Roseen - 07-20-2018, 05:55 PM
    RE: Uncertainty - by Leilan - 07-21-2018, 10:42 AM
    RE: Uncertainty - by Roseen - 07-21-2018, 12:48 PM
    RE: Uncertainty - by Leilan - 07-21-2018, 01:43 PM
    RE: Uncertainty - by Roseen - 07-21-2018, 02:37 PM
    RE: Uncertainty - by Leilan - 07-21-2018, 04:55 PM
    RE: Uncertainty - by Roseen - 07-21-2018, 07:09 PM
    RE: Uncertainty - by Arthas - 07-21-2018, 07:14 PM
    RE: Uncertainty - by Breckin - 07-21-2018, 09:42 PM
    RE: Uncertainty - by Leilan - 07-22-2018, 02:13 AM