• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

here it comes with no warning; warrick, any

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    Day-tripping to Tephra has become quite a normal occurrence for me during these times of war, though not every meeting with Warrick necessarily travels along the lines of of strategy and tactics. More often than not in fact, we spend the hour consoling each other's worries and building each other up in the face of a world that often attempts to beat us down; together, my father and I are stronger.

Usually, as the sun bleeds its final colours into the sky, I find myself falling to sleep and dreaming myself back to Hyaline - a handy trick I'd learnt not long ago. But after a particularly emotional exchange with the Tephran Overseer, the night swallowed me whole without allowing me the handiness of my magic; and thus, hours later, I find myself blinking awake to a surprisingly different Tephra. The dew clinggs to the meadow's grass, though the ashen scent of the volcano is no less apparent for the morning water's appearance, and the rapidity of my inhale almost leaves me choking; I must hurry back to Hyaline now and quickly, for it won't be until midday that I am potentially able to sleep again and to get back there in any decent time anyhow.

It's as I'm on my way out that I notice the appearance of a strangely adorned mare sauntering with a juxtaposition of a gravity about her into Tephra. My ears perk from beneath their crown of pronged antlers, nutmeg eyes caught on the beautifully coloured Arabian mare. I haven't the slightest clue as to who she might be, as my knowledge on Tephra's history dates back no farther than dear Warrick himself; and yet still, something about the Arabian calls to me.

I turn to approach, and as I do, someone who I do recognize joins me in this effort. Her step is buoyant and her calls joyous, and for a moment I falter, wondering if in fact I ought to approach when the King's consort acts so jubilant in the face of such a stranger. By the time I make up my mind one way or another, it is too late for me to veer my course without causing an awkward scene; and so I settle a little bit farther than is necessary from the two mares, the blood and bone of my hide shimmering in the morning dew.

"I couldn't help but over hearing that your name is Lucrezia," I  offer when or if their eyes turn towards me; my lips turn gently upwards. "My name is Kagerus, I am a Queen of Hyaline - I spent the night here after visiting with my father." Although I do not perhaps need to offer this information for Lucrezia's sake, I do feel the need to for the other of our party - and it is to her that I next turn. "Hello, Amorette." I dip my antlered head softly, the words she spoke at the meeting ringing in my ears; word about kidnapping, most of all. "I pray you won't mind my intrusion."

I hope you guys don't mind her hopping in!!
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here it comes with no warning; warrick, any - by Kagerus - 07-09-2018, 10:52 PM