• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    In the wake of Belgaer, Solace and I follow. We wait until dawn, such that I might dream myself wings during the dark hours. The less time we have to spend away from the children due to travel, the better. Svedka meets us dutifully at the mouth of our grotto, an uncharacteristically stoic expression on his face. A shiver runs down my spine as I am reminded of Warrick, of his and Solace's father; but I push the eerie feeling away.

"Thank you for doing this for us." I reach forward, planting a kiss at the smooth muscle of his shoulder. Stepping back, I allow the twins a moment to say goodbye. My ears twitch to the soft snores drifting from within our mountainside cave, smiling wanly in consideration of the other set of twins set therein. They will be safe with Svedka, even if Hyaline herself falls into some undo evil while her Queens are away. That much is certain.

I'm ready. She speaks in tones I've not often heard, but I don't let that stop me from pressing my lips warmly to her forehead. Words, however, fail me. Turning away, I gather my legs and then leap off the cliffside - unfurling my wings dramatically as I begin the treacherous fall. Call me a drama queen - I just like making Solace scream.

From there on out however, the mood sobers quite quickly. The flight from Hyaline to Ischia is short, and before long, we alight upon her sandy shores, the heat of summer far more apparent now than it ever has been in Hyaline. Glancing to Solace, I await her wings touch next to mine before continuing further into the kingdom, following the directions that Belgaer had given us.

We're the first outsiders to arrive, but we were close to begin with. In the minutes before everyone else's arrival, I carefully approach Brennen, smiling towards him despite the obvious angst he finds himself in. "Good to see you again, Brother," I offer quietly. "I am glad to see your wounds have healed." It won't lighten the mood much, but it establishes the camaraderie we share now, as Alliance finalists. If rumour is correct, him and Scorch are closer friends than he and I will ever be; but it doesn't hurt to reaffirm our bond. After some more quiet conversation, I make my way back to Solace, and settle in to listen to Brennen when he moves to speak.

And yes, what he says does boil my blood; but I choose my words carefully, knowing that I speak not just for myself but for a whole kingdom, too.

"Those fuckers will pay." Well, second times the charm. I roll my shoulders, biting my tongue. "Hyaline herself is too weak to pledge any worthy army to the Allies cause - however I will represent her myself should there ever be a call to arms. Otherwise, Hyaline will act as a sanctuary for any who seek refuge if outright war begins, with Solace or else the council there to keep the peace. We can magically fortify her, too." My eyes go to Brennen. One of us has magic now, so, that's handy. "I hope this is acceptable."

I glance to Solace, making it evident that I alone do not speak for Hyaline; her original queen will have an opinion, too.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only - by Kagerus - 06-18-2018, 04:00 PM