• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  could i use you as a makeshift gauge - wishbone
    I V A R
    promising everything i do not mean
    Though he hears the soft scuff of hooves against sand, the stallion does not turn anything more than a single dark ear toward the stranger. This is an encounter he knows all too well; even when he is disinterested, his innate lure remains. She is not the first woman to follow him to the water, but she is the first that he does not immediately try to draw deeper.

Ivar's gaze remains on the black horizon, where only the starlight reflected on the waves differentiates the sky from the sea.

Somewhere beyond the darkness is the faint rise of the Ischian islands and beyond them only the open sea. It whispers to him, familiar and tempting, yet he does not move from the shore.

It is not often that the kelpie denies his instinct, but the memory of what is not in the sea feels inexplicably stronger than what is. There is only so much that the scaled creature can do to push away the past before it catches up with him, and it is unfortunate for this approaching stranger that she catches him at the same time as his memories. Her voice is warm, her tone enticing, but the pale faced stallion does not even look toward her until she gives the last answer that he had been expecting.

All of Nerine will be hers, she says, and the words are hauntingly familiar.

He's heard them before, he thinks, and they'd been said not too terribly far from this cave. Isobell had said them and left him as alone as he was tonight, drifting in the sea without direction. The hollowness in his chest feels the very same, and the kelpie  finds himself mindlessly tracing the profile of the filly beside him. It is almost a distraction - she is lovely and her voice sounds sea-rough - but Ivar is always easily distracted.

He knows he could lose himself with her for a while. She'd be warm and willing against him, her breathy cries a counterpoint to the crash of waves. It would be entertaining, for a while, and then he'd be alone again.

"I'm here as a right of passage, it would seem." Ivar replies, making no effort to charm her (if anything, the scowl on his face seems designed to do the opposite). He doesn't have to make an effort though, not Ivar, whose entire species had evolved to ensnare Wishbone's with carnal allure. "Fate seems to enjoy putting me in the path of you Nerenian queens."

At that he smiles, amused at the internal path of his own thoughts, though he gives no indication of that to the bay woman beside him other than his next comment. "Or perhaps it's been putting you in mine."

I know my lies could not make you believe
    in my dark times, baby this is all I could be
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

@[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge - wishbone - by Ivar - 06-17-2018, 04:52 PM