• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

She feels utterly naked. She looks it, too; fire dances no longer upon the devastation that is her anciently charred skin. No longer does the fire consume her; rather, it has been put out, and underneath lies the hideous scars which it has left.

Not only this, but her chest feels empty. The lack of the blood read flower sparkling on her chest causes her to feel vulnerable. This, however, she takes solace in: all of the Sisterhood is united in their normalness. Everyone was effected by Beqanna’s rage and benevolence, not only she.

Because of this, she must take the matter to the kingdom. And so she does.

She raises her hammer-head, calling for the Jungle-dwellers through uncomfortably dull, regular horse-teeth. They trickle in, and Scorch greets each woman by name, as she does not want to be mistaken in this new, hideous, uncovered body. Only Malka has seen this side of Scorch, the lumpy, pained, scarred, burnt side of Scorch, the one with reoccurring blisters, tearing skin, and disfigurements. Immortality has aided the pain aspect of her defect, but even traits cannot cure her ugliness.

“Sisters,” She begins in an authoritative voice, “As I know you have noticed, our tattoos have been taken from us, and our kingdom granted traits, too. Something has shifted in the Spirit of Beqanna. The Goddess of the Amazon came to me in a dream and explained the coming changes, which include the slow return of our tattoos, though not our traits. Instead, we have predetermined traits to give; two pairs of wings to create an airforce, and invisibility for the second-in-command diplomat. Our caste-leaders have also been rewarded, and myself as well. In time, the Amazon may grant more traits when petitioned to.”

She pauses, glancing from woman to woman in an effort to make sure they understand the situation. Scanning the crowd slowly, she continues speaking, projecting her voice to the very edges of the clearing. “There is one final matter which the Amazon Goddess spoke to me of – Her spirit, which roams the Jungle in the form of a jaguar cub. She may appear to you, or come when summoned. As Her magic is still weak, we must protect Her at all costs.”

During this spiel, a small silver shape appears. Her paw-falls are silent, though she moves like the wind. The cub settles herself before Scorch, facing the gathered women. No words are spoken, no tattoos re-given, no miracles performed. Yet her presence at the meeting brings a smile to Scorch’s lips; the cub and she have spent hours simply sitting in each other’s vicinity, but the Khaleesi feels no closer to understanding the Patronus, if she could call it that. It’s wonderfully thrilling.

“Nayl suggested that we give Her a name. I would suggest ‘Siha.’ This name means: a warrior-angel, fierce in wrath; a tenacious protector.” She lowers her head in a show of humility. “But I will leave it up to the Sisterhood. Perhaps we may all have our own names for Her.”

A moment passes before Scorch switches topic, uncomfortably aware of how different she looks now; this only urges her to be stronger. “I have no promotions to give this year, though I thank Rhy, Lagertha and Pharaon especially in their efforts to recruit.” Her dragon eyes scan through the crowd intensely, pausing in the depths of each woman’s eyes. “We must give our all in this kingdom, Sisters. The battle grounds are silent, and the stealing grounds lacking Amazons. I encourage each of you to frequent these places when you are able. And, in case any have forgotten, the Valley, Chamber and Gates are valid targets. The Tundra, Deserts and Dale are visits only. As for the Falls…

“Queen Shatter Me of the Falls has made an ultimatum for the Falls’ relations. No treaties are to be had, and in order to solidify an alliance, one of our number must live in the Falls, and they will act as our Healer. I do not like the sound of this, as the Falls are a quiet kingdom and we Amazons may not find the land stimulating. Healing waters are handy to have, but we must decide what we are willing to give for it. Please let me know your thoughts on the matter.

Also, I encourage anyone and everyone to compete in the Deserts competition or to simply go and watch. It will be a good chance to mingle with the other kingdoms and to scope out their weaknesses and strengths.

“In closing, if you would like to join a caste or two, please speak up. You do not need to be initiated in order to serve the Jungle. If, however, some among us wish to take the vow, you may repeat after me... You will not receive your tattoos immediately, but the oath remains significant and life-long.” She inhales deeply before continuing. “‘To the Jungle, I swear my service in life and death. To this kingdom, I swear my blood and my body. To my Sisters and Brothers, I swear my loyalty and love.’” A smile ripples across her lips when/if a mare takes the vow. "Welcome to the Sisterhood."

Scorch

Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

Seeing as Texas just posted, I took the liberty to pretend that Scorch has already replied and learned the stipulations with the Falls.
    If anyone wants to play with the Patronus, go ahead, I don’t control her (:
    And finally, the underlined section was added on because obviously I forgot something right?
    Thanks!
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Scorch - 07-17-2015, 08:46 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Lagertha - 07-20-2015, 02:08 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Nayl - 07-20-2015, 03:39 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Rhy - 07-21-2015, 01:48 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Jaide - 07-21-2015, 03:17 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Pomona - 07-21-2015, 11:05 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Sarkis - 07-23-2015, 03:02 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Lyris - 07-27-2015, 03:17 AM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Valkerine - 07-27-2015, 01:29 PM