• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Queen of Birds; Taria

Taria is a wonderful creature, he finds. Too bad she assumes so much - in a way she seems naive to him. He knows why his brothers haven’t visited. One, it’s been winter and they don’t have winter coats. Two, Jesper is in Sylva and had specifically asked no-one comes to visit for it is likely a cruel place, and Loess being allied with Sylva makes it politically tense to come here but not there. Three, Brennen has likely ordered against it since they aren’t allies and Loess apparently seems wanting to take Ischians prisoner for some reason. And Leilan would have advised against it too, being here all winter isn’t exactly fun for him, but he’s sitting his undeserved sentence out.

He prances in place a moment, simply because he’s not one to sit still all the time and make that clear to her. Heck, even staying in this one hill kingdom is trying for him. The knowledge of not being able to visit family or friends makes it even worse, and he’ll be counting days if he gets nothing better to do. Arthas said he could mock battle but had no other use for him either. But who was here to mock with? There’s only so many horses in Loess. To be honest, the grey man hasn’t even asked him questions about Ischia either, presumably just to prove to him that he really has no use for the roan and more than likely just wants him to start chewing on himself out of boredom, or something like that. Sometimes, the Andalusian is a mystery to the stocky hybrid. Or actually, most of times, which is why he’s tried to spend as much time near him as possible to the point of just-not-yet getting attacked over it, he’s certain.

Taria seems more content with his proposition to not go to Sylva today, but maybe later. Heck, he is bored, he can wait a few days or weeks for the prospect of having something to do later. She laughs at his question. Do they all think he is a silly child with no brains here in Loess? Perhaps that image saves him from being seen as too much a threat, but as he listens to Taria he gets that she has not been using her mind on the subject too much either. ”I am a warrior, but that doesn’t mean I can’t think for myself. Ever done any fact-checking on what Arthas tells you? See if you can name more that one steal attempt from Ischia to Loess, and I’ll talk to you again on the subject.” he challenges. Heck, he knows that one of his brothers (Cagney?) had wanted to steal her, and if he had succeeded maybe she would have learned about Ischia better. But that’s the only steal attempt that Leilan knows of and he really wants to know where this story of multiple steal attempts hails. It’s getting repetitive to hear the same thing over and over without any proof or explanation. But he’s not done talking to Taria, continuing to hopefully probe her into thinking for herself. His tone is sarcastic and slightly irritated by her previous answer. ”But yes, congratulations, we are probably enemies by now because Arthas wanted to ‘prove a point’. I don’t think your king is much of a diplomat himself, either. Perhaps if he had visited us like I proposed to him last time I was here in Brennen’s stead, things would have been much friendlier. Unfortunately our own new king was on another diplomatic visit and unable to come himself, but I think Loess had already settled by then so Arthas would have been able to return the favour like I asked. But he refused and here we are. Tell me, what do you even know of Ischia at all? Just the stories Arthas tells you? Because he’s never visited to see for himself, I can assure you that.”

He knows he’s bordering on getting her angry, but at least his tone is no longer mocking. Just irritated in fact, for Loess marking him and his friends the enemy when all he’s ever done is try to understand and even mend things. Yes, mend. Leilan. Crazy huh? He’d hoped on turning Arthas and Loess into his friends or at least gain a mutual understanding, but with everyone holding him off he’s not succeeding yet, even after a whole season has passed.

But he has three more, and maybe Taria can understand him better than Arthas. Who knows? At this position, he has nothing to lose anyway.

@[Taria]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Queen of Birds; Taria - by Leilan - 05-11-2018, 01:38 PM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Taria - 05-15-2018, 07:41 PM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Leilan - 05-16-2018, 03:23 PM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Taria - 05-17-2018, 08:20 PM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Leilan - 05-19-2018, 05:21 AM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Taria - 05-19-2018, 07:31 PM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Leilan - 05-20-2018, 06:20 AM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Taria - 05-20-2018, 07:22 PM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Leilan - 05-21-2018, 01:55 PM