• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

seal my heart and break my pride; any
    Yael is feeling very protective today. Protective and… short. Short fused. And also slightly irresponsible (how the hell does that boy keep getting lost?), which in turn makes her feel temperamental again. Yael is not irresponsible. Yael does not lose people. And yet, somehow, it keeps happening, which is both baffling and infuriating.

To be short, today is not one of Yael’s best days.

She finally locates the twice-lost wild child and sighs. While she cannot come running to attend to his every need (he is physically grown, after all, though that does not mean his mental state is as such), she can watch from afar. That’s one of the beautiful things about magic - she can watch over her children without ever being there. While a tiny part of her worries what Pevensie might think, she trusts that either a - the child won’t know what’s going on, and b - a little well-intentioned discipline never hurt anyone. If one of her children were acting like a brat and torturing others, she’d hope someone nips them into shape. It takes a village, a kingdom to raise a child.

So Yael shifts into a slightly-larger than normal biting fly and zips right on over to the buckskin princess and delivers a solid bite to her left flank right after she tells Munroe that he isn’t looking very well. Let’s see how long this conditioning takes, shall we?

Yael, guardian of the desert

[let me know if this isn't ok, evie, and i'll edit]

Messages In This Thread
    seal my heart and break my pride; any - by munroe - 07-07-2015, 12:54 AM
    RE: seal my heart and break my pride; any - by Yael - 07-16-2015, 04:37 PM