• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

best have your wits about you [Lepis, Kwartz]
    The sound of more hooves distracts me, and I turn my head to see an unfamiliar figure making his way toward us. He is brightly colored even in these fiery woods, and he does not seem too far from me in age. To him I offer a slightly more comfortable smile - I have no reason to think he is a captive in the way that I know Jesper to be.

They seem to know each other though, and I watch curiously, introducing myself just after Kwartz does.

"I'm Lepis," I tell him, curious just how far the two of them go back, but aware that now is not the time to ask. Instead, I look back to Jesper, who has begun to speak in a low tone, as though fearful of being overhead. I take a moment to look around us, but neither see nor hear anyone nearby. Puzzle, I look back just as he mentions being glad to see us both unharmed.

Why would I be harmed? The confusion is apparent in the frown that wrinkles the blue cobwebbing across my forehead. I know exactly what type of gift I was intended to be for the kingdom of Sylva, but the red-nosed king will have no use for me until the trees in the rest of Beqanna match those of this kingdom. I do not answer Jesper's question, but when he tells me that the Brotherhood wants to help me, the confused frown I had been wearing hardens into something different.

"I'm not a captive." I reply. "What makes you think I need your help?" I am here because Arthas told me to be, not against my will. I have always had help if I were ever to need it; does something about me scream 'damsel in distress'? (It does, of course, but not for the reason that Jesper seems to think.)

"You shouldn't have volunteered." I add, because exactly how foolish does one have to be to volunteer to be a prisoner. I consider my own situation to be entirely different, I am here to serve Modicum Mortem's needs, but I am not a punching bag for the entire kingdom the way that Jesper seems to be. The older stallion is now speaking to Kwartz, and I gather from his questions that the two have known each other since the tobiano was a child. Long time friends, then.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: best have your wits about you [Lepis, Kwartz] - by Lepis - 05-15-2018, 04:31 PM