• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Kylin
    Her hazel eyes are locked on him. Ever so slightly her head tilts to the side as she studies him. Although they had technically met before, Kylin had never really gotten to know the former general now king. Neither had she ever really taken a good look at Brennen. The only thing on her mind when they met had been to flee, and hide from all the changes. She’d even try to pretend it never happened. That, of course, did not work out.

She sees all his scars, and fresh wounds, rather befitting for the king of an unruly band of bachelors. But his wings. His wings remind her of Kharon, and Klaudius, and how tender they could hold another. She’d spend hours tucked underneath Kharon’s wing, and Kylin had longed to feel Klaudius’ caress her sides. The look upon his features is different from the warrior too. Almost fatherly, reminding her of her own father, Kerberos. For the first time Kylin holds true hope that he isn’t as bad as she had initially feared him to be.

His words make her hope a little more solid, and although Kylin still holds herself somewhat reserved, she visibly relaxes too. As her voice is still stuck behind the lump in her throat, she finds herself nodding. A lot had changed, again. Her hazel eyes find the horizon again, there where the sea meets the sky, and where the sun would set in about an hour or so. “It is..” she murmurs agreeing, after a sigh escapes past her pale lavender lips. “I.. I miss them..” she confesses, still not looking at Brennen, keeping her gaze fixated on the horizon. Kylin cannot understand why they left in such a rush. Ischia is still Ischia. She hadn’t ran when Circinae had come either, right? Nor had really left when Ischia had chosen Krone to lead her. So why would she leave all she know behind just because Brennen had mutinied against the crown?

“Can I stay?” Sounding more like CanIstay, by the quick way she says them. It is as if Kylin does not really dare to ask her question. It shows in the way she holds herself too, anticipation tensing her muscles and gaze still stark on the horizon, except for that she sends him quick glances out of the corner of her eye. Her head is held low, and tailbone clenched tightly between her buttocks, and her fins are tightly folded against her swollen barrel in a similar fashion.

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Kylin - by Kylin - 05-14-2018, 01:43 PM