• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

rendez-vous and I'm through with you [anyone <3]
    jackel
    Kindness is merely a facade.

I stare at the water Jack longer than necessary, but really I have nothing better to do just now, and I'm truly a patient person if I will myself to be.  So after I'm done blinking at myself and waiting a whole minute, I begin to move my dial back towards the blue dome above me.  But a subtle growth of twisting movement draws my gaze back down to the water; the pattern of its swirls almost hypnotizing.  I giggle softly in child-like delight as my reflection distorts to odd proportions--the solid lines of my face becoming wavy and blurred is all too wonderful to not appreciate.  And my fore limb draws upward then downward, wanting to make my own masterpiece on the liquid surface, but before my pretty little hoof manages to break the plane between air and water I pause mid-descent.  My body freezes while my downcast head tilts unnaturally sideways.  Water Jack stares back at me brightly, the white of her eyes showing dazzlingly wild and a cheshire grin draws the corners of her lips drastically higher.  I like this Water Jack--she seems like a devilishly good time.  The eyes in her skull roll upward and my gaze follows hers to a darkness beyond the pond; darkness is always watching.  I can feel my twisted lips mimic Water Jack's seductive smile as I finally move my previously frozen bodice a step back from the water's edge.

Quickly, I turn completely away from the pond, continuing away from the body with a langorous trot, hummimg a tune I had picked up from another child somewhere along the way.  The fall of a golden tear drops downward to meet its fallen comrades and upon impact I take it as my cue.  Skidding to a halt, my hindquardters find purchase under me as my body simultaneously twists back in the direction of the pond.  Pushing my limbs into a gallop I rapidly close the distance I had drawn from the pond.  At the waters edge where I stood moments before, I collect myself before vaulting my dirt and blood stained tawny hide into the air.   It feels like ages pass before the climax of my leap is finally reached and I am finally able to angle myself into an equine dive before my body impales the stagnant plane of fluid.  The sharp chill sends my nerve endings on edge as I become submerged.  

I don't know what type of darkness lurks in and around the water yet, but I am well acquainted with some of her mysterious children.  What offspring does she harbor amongst water?  I'll be damned if I don't find out.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

all this joy, I've got some to share
    devin's∇designs

@[Maugrim]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: rendez-vous and I'm through with you [anyone <3] - by Jackel - 05-10-2018, 01:22 PM