• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Save Me From Myself || Kagerus
    Hephaestus
    The riverlands stretched itself across the heart of Beqanna, forming a border between Loess and Hyaline. He’d yet to visit the newly formed Loess and, if the tales could be believed, it’s new king. Although the kingdoms he had visited had met him with welcoming words, he knew very little about those that had recently fallen under new rule. He was grateful, however, that Solace hadn’t fallen victim to the winds of mutiny.

Having traveled from the isolated kingdom of Tephra, he’d struggled to ignore the emptiness that gnawed at him. The constant movement of his existence had begun to wear down on him. Destined to never settle for long, his nomadic life filled him with exhaustion and an unfulfillable desire. The volcanic land had only served to echo the truth that he already knew to be unavoidably true.

Trailing beside the river his head hung low, his blind eye shielding him from the unforgiving nature of his reflection. For a moment he was grateful for the unnatural blindness that plagued him. He imagined that he appeared like any one else. Although he could feel the weight of his forelock resting upon the puffy skin of his deformity, he chose to ignore the tickling of his baby hairs.

Eerily calm the wandering of his mind was beyond his control.

The lot he’d been served in life was a burden that he’d carried almost willingly. It’d been a waste of his energy to send his complaints into the world. He’d only ever been greeted by cold shouldered disgust. Even as a half-starved colt, his pleaded had fallen upon empty ears. Loneliness had been a truer companion than even the doting love of a mother. Lying in the grass, ribs poking through his heavily breathing sides, he’d taken his first mouthful of grass, finding sustenance within the sweet earthiness of it. From that moment on, he’d resolved to rely upon himself and the silence that followed him. Behind closed eyes, however, his dreams had run rampant.

Lately, cruel daydreams had plagued the quiet toiling of his day-to-day toiling’s. Everywhere he looked he saw her face, a soft smile placed peacefully upon her lips. She saw the sparkling affection that resided deep within her gentle face and imagined her child as he romped through the autumnal grass. The life he longed for danced just beyond his reach as her plea for him to stay chased him even farther from Tephra. The pain she felt upon his disappearance would not compare to that of what it could be if he’d given in to her request. She deserved better than his mangled face and the sorrow of his past. He chose to believe that one day, another stallion would discover the beauty of her and would erase the memory of his involvement in her life.

Meanwhile, he hoped that the changing of the land would help to heal the holes she’d left in him. Instead, it only presented knew questions, questions he’d done his best to avoid. This time, they demanded to be satisfied. Why persist when it would be so much easier if he finally ended the cruelty of his existence?
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Hephaestus - 04-24-2018, 07:32 AM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 04-24-2018, 10:49 PM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-10-2018, 11:27 AM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-15-2018, 03:41 PM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-17-2018, 04:25 PM