• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning Before the Thunder {KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT}
    Krone has felt numb to the whole situation, thus far. In all truth, she doesn’t know how to feel. Should she feel grateful the task as queen was no longer her burden? Should she feel depressed because she’d lost her home to a “brotherhood”? She decides while she’s figuring it out to stay quietly in the background, close by Durotan’s strong body.

Of course, Klaudius can’t keep his own thoughts to himself. When he calls on the people of Tephra, she rolls her eyes and audibly sighs. What the hell did he think he was doing? She listens to him, keeping her mouth sealed as not to start screaming at him. Morty taking over Sylva was one thing, but continuing to bitch about Ischia? It seemed pointless.

Then two others speak. They talk about Brennen and how Krone and her family would’ve been welcomed to stay. Finally, she is worked up enough to speak. “Yes, it is true” She starts, stepping out in front of the crowd. “I left on my own accord. And whether we were welcomed to stay or not, I will not be ruled under a sexist monarchy. Only men have the best chance of success in the brotherhood, correct? Only one in maybe a hundred females may earn their title as a ‘brother.’” Her tone is biting as she speaks. “Ischia belongs to the people who loved and cared for Her, not whatever misogynistic kingdom Brennen is trying to bestow. I wont teach my daughter that it is okay to cower beneath a man’s hand. And I won’t teach my son that treating a woman as lesser is remotely okay either.” She looks from the strange twins to the crowd. “Brennen can continue his regime, but this is not old Beqanna. We are supposed to start fresh...new. Not hold onto some past concept. With that, I’m going to be on my way. Good day.” She turns sharply on her heels, head held high as she leaves the congregation.

OOC: obvious this is IC. Nothing against the brotherhood personally. Just wanted to clear that up xD

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning Before the Thunder {KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT} - by Krone - 04-16-2018, 07:56 AM