• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

It's been months since I came to Ischia with the promise of a brotherhood, and it's been months since I began recruiting. By all means, I am the reason that Andulvar is here, having scooped him from the meadow as he wandered like a lost puppy; I persuaded my brother Takei to join the silent effort; and from the field I have brought the son of a Tundran legend, Tyrinn. That's three men to the force that will become the bachelor kingdom of Ischia because of me, because of my efforts; and I, only slightly older than a yearling.

What has Karat done for Ischia?

I come when he calls, or rather, I feel the energy in the air and keep close to where I know him to stay, emerging fully as soon as it is appropriate to. I come to his right when his deep voice rings out over the gathered group of people; presumptuous, perhaps, but despite my small size and young age, I feel that I have earned it. I have earned some sort of recognition as one of the up and coming brothers of Ischia.

I nod at appropriate intervals to what Brennen is saying, purple eyes drifting across the crowd to find Krone's gradient-green face and imagining just what her reaction will be. When my soon-to-be king turns to press his muzzle to my shoulder, with a promise of greatness fresh from his lips, I return the gesture stolidly. We will be great again. We will be the change that breathes air back into this island kingdom.

The pegasus ends with a high note, reaffirming his intention to become king with the threat of a challenge. Keeping quiet for now, I listen to what others have to say. A purple stallion, Klaudius, questions the implications of a brotherhood, and a smirk flashes across my lips, but I quickly repress it. What could he think it means? An urge to answer him comes to me, but I wait a moment longer, and am rewarded by the current Queen's spiel.

She admits to her failures, but somehow manages to try and give the throne to a girl who has done nothing for this kingdom. In comparison, I would be a better leader compared to Karat. And although we have met and gotten to know each other, with me concluding that she is not unpleasant company, there can simply be no question that someone as young minded as Karat ought never to rule. I cannot say young, for I am her age; but I digress. I do not want to be king, even remotely; for as unworthy Karat is in comparison to me, is as unworthy I am in comparison to Brennen.

I step forward, the light at the end of my gnarled horn pulsing with energy. "I vote for Brennen as the King of the bachelor kingdom Ischia." My other thoughts I keep quiet, stepping back again to stand beside the king-hopeful. Time would tell - but if the buzz of activity generated by rumors of our mutiny has anything to say, there is only one way this vote can go.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 11:26 AM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Trekori - 04-13-2018, 12:00 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 02:28 PM