• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There's none so blind as those who will not listen - Brennen
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Ischia had not been especially appealing to Brennen at first either; but it had had its redeeming qualities. For one, it was hard to reach and easily defensible, which felt familiar and good. For another, it had been very nearly empty. For Brennen, in more than a bit of sulk after failing to settle properly in Nerine or Hyaline. But it’s growing on him; and his purpose makes it quite perfect. Perhaps returning Brothers will miss the weather of their Tundra, but they won’t miss the feeling of isolation, because the Island had plenty of that.

He feels a surge of feeling in his chest when Brynmor perks up at the mention of the brotherhood; every Brother (new and old) that he finds and brings home settles something inside of the bay stallion – it’s a bit like the feeling he gets from his children, and a bit different. He views each brother as true family, so perhaps it’s not that odd that he gets a similar feeling from them as he does from his children.

The anticipation rises between them, but for Brennen the anticipation has been growing for months; so he simply absorbs it and waits, still and quiet. Patience usually pays off, and today is no different. Brynmor speaks in the affirmative, and the bay stallion gives him another quick grin at his question, and a nod. “Of course we do,” he says, and then chuckles a little before continuing, “The young creatures I’ve been recruiting will need as many of us old-timers as we can find to show them how it’s done.”

Brennen hopes, of course, that the ‘young creatures’ he speaks of will also have valuable ideas and input of their own, but when you’re man decades older than most of them, you get to poke at least a little fun at their youth. And a balanced society always works out best – balance between old and new, young and elder, warriors and diplomats. There’s an inherent imbalance in a bachelor Kingdom, but that just means they must work harder to level out other areas. “Let me show you the way to Ischia,” he offers.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

ooc; sorry this is horribly overdue but here it is and maybe we can move them to Ischia? <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There's none so blind as those who will not listen - Brennen - by Brennen - 04-12-2018, 11:30 AM