• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination; Wrynn

STRANGELET
    nocturnal and quark's imaginary girl

Strange cocked her head at the girl surrounded by a swarm of fireflies, her brow furrowing as the sort of stranger rejected her name.  “Sure I am,” she said, perplexed.  “It’s what my mommas and my brothers and my sisters call me.  Or well, part of it.  My favorite part.  The rest is little and baby, and Strange is shorter and fits my shape and my head and my me-ness better than Strangelet, which is longer and more tongue-trippy and less fun to say.  Though I guess the jl sound in the middle is kind of fun to wrap my mouth around.  Jl.  Jl.”  She tried it a few times, focusing on the feeling in her mouth and nodding slowly.  “Still.  Strange is better.  And I’ve never met another Strange, so I don’t think everyone is.  I’ve met lots of people with lots of names, and I’m the only me I’ve found.”

The girl’s eyes lit up with rainbows as she talked about her friends, which was really fun to watch and also kind of reminded her of the fireskin lady, the sister with the moving tattoos that were the fire her name implied.  “You mean the fireflies?  Sure, ‘course I know them!  We were all fireflies once, it’s just most people forget.  You remember?  Oh, NocNoc is gonna be so excited!”  She sent a buzz of giddy along the cord that bound him to her and her to him, letting him know he should come as fast as he could because fun things were happening!  “What’s your name, new friend?  And hello to all your firefly friends too!  I know some of them.  Wait,” she said, looking harder as she recognized the shape or the color or the texture of one of the ties, and it fit too well with the eyes and the fireskin and “Are you maybe a sister of Rain?”  

There was more there, more that was familiar and aching with loss and sorrow that she knew, that she felt because it was her Momma’s sorrow over NocNoc, and sorrow she had shared with Grammy Kang’roo.  This one knew Kora, too.  The first Kora, the one who had tried to come into the world through Grammy Kang’roo’s injured body and couldn’t grow long enough to survive on her own.  The Kora Momma had tried so hard to save.  It would make Momma happy to know—well.  To know she was okay.  But that was for later.

Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination
    living there you'll be free if you truly wish to be.
    STRANGELET BY SAMSHINE | HTML BY MAAT

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination; Wrynn - by Strangelet - 07-13-2015, 01:52 PM