• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It costs nothing to dream; hatching/ANY

During the last stage of her pregnancy it had become impossible for her to climb the volcano. She had missed it, as Amorette was used to make the trek on regular base. Not to exercise or to stay fit, and neither just for the great view only. She likes the challenge, both physically and mentally, but most of all she feels nowhere more one with the volcano than near her fire spitting mouth itself.

Byrne and Arden are safe and sound under another’s watchful eye. The ebony and now ombre golden mare does not like it that she isn’t the one watching over them, but she had simply not been able to ignore her desire to climb the mountain again. She’d left early in the morning, before they woke, to safe them all from saying goodbye for the day. It was not as if she wasn’t coming back.

What she hadn’t imagined was her climbing down the volcano with yet another child under her care.

She first notices the champagne colt as she tears her gaze away from the horizon, if favour of enjoying Tephra’s view. ”Don’t move, stay where you are!” she calls out in horror. In her rush, and worry for his safety, Amorette ignores her own.

By the time she reaches him, rocks and dirt rolling down the mountain side, her knees are scraped and burning. She disregards her own inconveniences, and instead lowers her head to press her lips against the golden boy. ”I’m here, all is okay now” she murmurs, her own heartbeat loud and rushing in her ears. Little does she realise that she is more worried about his wellbeing than he is himself, too young to actually be aware of how grave the danger is.

”Are you okay? Where is your mother?” are the first and second question that spill from her lips, unable to wrap her mind around how he had been able to even get this high upon the mountain, with nobody else in sight. Why had she even allowed him to endanger himself like this. ”I’ll help you down, I’ll go slow, and you can lean against me.” I will keep you safe.

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

OOC: I know this thread is already a couple of weeks old, but it gave me muse so I replied anyway Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    It costs nothing to dream; hatching/ANY - by Grye - 03-23-2018, 05:04 PM
    RE: It costs nothing to dream; hatching/ANY - by Amorette - 04-06-2018, 02:06 PM