• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Your voice is right enough; Brennen

For once, Leilan's jests seem to end where they should - in a smile from his conversation partner, a light start to a meeting that perhaps will end with a more serious kind of joke. One in which a shell no longer appoints who is king or queen, but where guys and those mare willing to follow along with them, can live together and run around the Beqannan world. But it is not today that any such things would come to happen; the future is still undecided here, and we start off light and easy, the way Leilan has it best.

Had he known of his comparison to his nephew, perhaps he would not have teased Nuage so when he'd met him last winter in the riverland's woods. Then again maybe he would have, still, to make sure that the blue-pointed boy knows what he's up against, to harden him - something Leilan tried on his first meeting with Trekori and utterly failed at. Hopefully he'll get a second chance at that.

Brennen is polite about Nerine - more so than he seeps out of his pores. Just like his mother will always have the attitude of an Amazon, Brennen has that of a Brotherhood warrior - he doesn't say it, but Leilan can feel it. Himself, having experienced a slightly looser 'brotherhood' of his own, the roaning male recognizes this. He nods a bit. "The Amazons weren't the best place to be as a stallion, indeed. I doubt they would recognize their minor discrimination if anyone told them, but that doesn't make it less true." After all, as a girl it would just be easier to join and climb ranks within the Amazonian kingdom. How his father lived with it for so long, Leilan could not understand. But perhaps the son took more after his mother than after his father, in that aspect.

What Brennen says next however, throws the silver-and-golden-maned stallion completely off-guard. "A jewel?" he blinks. He must not have heard that right? But no, the bay winged man seems rightly serious. Leilan still thinks it is a suspicious story though. "Did anyone else see that happen? I'd probably think there was an earth mage involved." he says. Questioning the whole ordeal as he should, because what ruling right gives a jewel anyway if there's no-one willing to follow you?

What Brennen asks him next, gives him a sly grin in return. He only needs half a word to understand where this has been going to all along. So that's what all that Amazonian talk has been about. "You know, I've been thinking about that. Been running around with some guys my age back in the Other Place, and it would be good to have some like-minded companions around again. Well, and some mares too as long as they can keep up." He thinks it a mighty great idea, of course. One he might have come up with himself, given enough time. But if it's handed to you on a plate, then it's way easier to just accept. "How would you go about setting up such a thing?" - Although, with the jewel story in the back of his mind, he thinks he has a pretty good idea.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Your voice is right enough; Brennen - by Leilan - 03-25-2018, 11:08 AM
    RE: Your voice is right enough; Brennen - by Leilan - 04-05-2018, 03:40 PM