• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Out with the golden we sew // Solace
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    (She was lucky to be alive after the encounter which should have been her first experience with a lover.)
    It is the sound of her voice that wills my lungs to breathe again, to sputter and cough.
    (Funny, that both she and I can say that. Funny that we would take lovers besides one another despite the warmth between us.)
    Her cheek on mine reminds me why I ought to live; her wings around me remind me why I want to.
    (And yet funnier still that here, as water pathetically streams from my nostrils and my voice cracks with self-pity, she holds me. She holds me.)

Her words are harsh and I buckle further beneath them, feeling the weight of her love for me like a thousand mountains, reminding me of how utterly insignificant and undeserving I am of her beautiful presence. My sobs bring my head to tuck between my knees until I'm balled up there on the beach; and yet somehow I am wriggling closer to her too, pressing as much of myself to her as I can, simultaneously drawing into myself as well as into her.

Her voice comes again before I can attempt to compose myself and reply to her initial words - but my fragmented mind leaves no room for reconsideration. Instead, at her bidding and nudging, I make my way to my hooves, stumbling once - but Solace is there, and she catches me without hesitation, proving herself.

Perfect Solace. With a heart of gold. The treasure of my life.

Without realizing it, we've arrived in some sort of shelter, willow fronds all around us. Pretty, comes an intrusive thought, starkly out of place considering the context of why we now stand here, huddled together and shivering, tears still rolling down our cheeks as the hysteria winds down into melancholia. She's there beside me but it's not enough - my mind pulls and begs for more, and I am in no state to deny it.

"I want you to hold me again tonight," comes my choked whisper. "But not here..." The pounding of her pulse reverberates against my cheek as I tuck my head and press it to her throat, moulding myself to her shuddering figure. "Come with me, Solace..." My words bend with sleep, contorting in our ears - hallucinogenic. "Please..."

On the other side, I awaken to the linens of a bed pressed against my ivory skin. It's cold, and my auburn hair (wet still from the lake) clings to my skin. Goosebumps alight across my naked body, though I could easily dream them away - but I don't want to. I want the reality of this night, even if I am dreaming it.

The room itself is mundane, for I did not come to dream of a house - no, I came to dream of her. Desperate, I reach across the bed - for the last time I had attempted to take her here with me (that night under the stars, when I told her of my doomsday) she had stayed awake all night, denying me the comfort of her body pressed to mine.

My heart stops as my hand brushes against hers; the pain of reality escaping as I realize she has followed.

"Solace..."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Solace]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Solace - by Kagerus - 03-29-2018, 04:52 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Solace - by Kagerus - 03-31-2018, 12:47 AM