• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Never Let Go- [Belgaer]
    Belgaer

The journey had been longer than he’d anticipated, even though he found it difficult to complain when he’d had such pleasant company. Josie’s excitement for life was infectious as she teased him on his choice of shortcut and asked him to elaborate on what made Ischia so special to him. There was no easy answer to her question, but he knew that he would try his best to describe the love he held for the island. He smiled and partially extended his wings, showing off only a fraction of their span.

”I guess I’ve gotten used to flying everywhere,” he said apologetically as a breeze rustled through his chestnut plume. He winked playfully, ”Makes long treks a lot quicker.”

That and his ability to manipulate the density of his bone structure…but he kept that bit to himself. Bone-bending was not exactly easy to explain and he didn’t want her thinking that he was some kind of freak. His wasn’t a very common ability and, although he was proud to bear it, he didn’t find himself bragging about it much.

He returned his attention to Josie, ”I’m not sure what makes Ischia so special to me.” He began thoughtfully. ”I was born and raised here. The island has always been like home and, no matter how far I’ve traveled, I always come back here.”

His footsteps faltered as he took a moment to gaze about the tropical forest that made up the bulk of the island. The loud chatter of parrots filled every empty space as they flew overhead, their brightly colored feathers impossible to ignore. At night, the bioluminescent plankton lit up the shoreline with an eerie blue glow. It was beautiful. Suddenly hot in the face, Belgaer found himself desiring to show Josie all the things that made Ischia so wonderful. The way her eyes glistened with pure delight as she took in the scenery around her. He wanted to know what she was thinking – he wanted to know her, more than he wanted to know anyone.

And that frightened him.
    The Prodigal Son

@[Josie]

Messages In This Thread
    Never Let Go- [Belgaer] - by Josie - 03-28-2018, 06:45 PM
    RE: Never Let Go- [Belgaer] - by Belgaer - 03-29-2018, 09:38 AM
    RE: Never Let Go- [Belgaer] - by Josie - 03-29-2018, 10:37 AM
    RE: Never Let Go- [Belgaer] - by Belgaer - 04-04-2018, 09:23 AM
    RE: Never Let Go- [Belgaer] - by Josie - 04-05-2018, 08:07 PM
    RE: Never Let Go- [Belgaer] - by Belgaer - 04-08-2018, 02:40 PM
    RE: Never Let Go- [Belgaer] - by Josie - 04-08-2018, 07:26 PM
    RE: Never Let Go- [Belgaer] - by Belgaer - 04-10-2018, 08:47 AM