• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In the Beginning [Birthing, Levi]

Although he had not seen her since their passionate reunion last fall, Kolera had been on his mind constantly for the last few days. Amore had given birth to his son a week ago and the sight of little sabino colt had stirred feelings in him which he had never felt so strongly. 

They were like his feelings for Ceara, his sister, but so much stronger. As he had touched his nose to his son's brow, he knows he would do anything for his child... children?

For years, the relationship between Levi and Kolera had been a tense companionship. Sometimes the feelings of friendship had flowed freely, and he was content when he traveled by her side -  letting her do the talking when they met curious strangers. But other times... she stoked the anger in his belly to an unbearable temperiture. 

Until the day last fall when they had given into the urges of the season. He hadn't had faith that it would last, that they could be anything more than the on-again-off-again couple, standing on the shaky middle ground they found themselves on. But in those two days, she had been his everything.

Still, when she disappeared he didn't chase her, at least not until now. Not until the thought of her hiding her pregnancy from him becomes nearly an obsession - he needed to know if she was carrying his child.  

He plans to set out for The Forest first, then Taiga and finally Hayline to find her. But he never makes it to his second destination. He finds her in the place where he had suspected he would, and her presence there makes him think she wanted to be found.

He dims the flames along his crest as he slides up to her side, hoping that whatever tension may of caused her to leave can be forgotten. He touches his muzzle to the curve of her belly in the familiar way of a lover, but he does move after her if she shies from his touch.

"I thought I would find you here.."

Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.

i don't know why i always feel obligated to include a history re-cap xD

Messages In This Thread
    In the Beginning [Birthing, Levi] - by Kolera - 03-22-2018, 08:42 PM
    RE: In the Beginning [Birthing, Levi] - by Levi - 03-24-2018, 08:40 AM
    RE: In the Beginning [Birthing, Levi] - by Kolera - 03-24-2018, 09:39 AM
    RE: In the Beginning [Birthing, Levi] - by Levi - 03-27-2018, 04:21 PM
    RE: In the Beginning [Birthing, Levi] - by Kolera - 04-10-2018, 08:19 PM
    RE: In the Beginning [Birthing, Levi] - by Zain - 04-14-2018, 12:26 PM