• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Birthing, any!
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    “Well by all means,” he agrees with her desire to see more of the Kingdom, and immediately turns his body so they can set off, at a pace he allows her to set. He has never carried a child, after all, and has only the vaguest idea what toll pregnancy might be having on Galilee this late in the game. But unlike Brennen who has spoken of the unborn baby only in the very vaguest terms (‘my child’, ‘my future child’, ‘the baby’, etc.), she speaks in quite definite terms: she says the baby has wings, says it’s a filly. Brennen’s eyes widen just a little in surprise but when he speaks again, there is joy and curiosity in his voice. “You’re sure it’s a girl?” The wonders of mother’s intuition, he supposes. “She’ll be beautiful, just like Mosrael. And like her mother,” He traces a line down her neck with his muzzle, smiling through the touch.

“I’m okay,” it’s honest, it’s the truth; he’s not great, but he’s okay. His…well, he supposes “mission” is as good a word for it as any…has awoken something, and there is a hum of energy under his skin now, pushing him to do more, move faster, even though he knows he must proceed with caution and deliberation if he wants to succeed. But this, walking quietly down the shore beside Galilee, soothes that itchy impatience inside of Brennen, and he relaxes. There is much to do, both in legitimate Kingdom business and for his fledging Brotherhood, but all of them can wait while he spends time with his sweetheart and their unborn child. “I’ve been able to bring home several new Brothers. We’re making progress, but now that’s I’ve started, it just feels so slow.”

A hint of frustration, there, but a moment later he shrugs it off with a rustle of his dark wings and another flash of a smile. Classic Brennen, this way of expressing only the most minor emotions, instead running on a pretty even keel. “The bigger the secret becomes, the harder it is to keep it from Krone. And just because I think she’s a bad Queen, doesn’t mean I think she’s a bad person. I don’t want to hurt her any more than necessary.” Brennen knows that to do that, he has to act as soon as they are ready, but before it escalates too far.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    Birthing, any! - by Galilee - 03-17-2018, 07:49 PM
    RE: Brennen! - by Brennen - 03-17-2018, 10:03 PM
    RE: Brennen! - by Galilee - 03-17-2018, 10:44 PM
    RE: Brennen! - by Brennen - 03-22-2018, 10:17 AM
    RE: Birthing, any! - by Galilee - 03-29-2018, 04:24 PM
    RE: Birthing, any! - by Brennen - 04-02-2018, 10:04 PM
    RE: Birthing, any! - by Belgaer - 04-03-2018, 12:08 PM
    RE: Birthing, any! - by Mosrael - 04-03-2018, 12:59 PM