• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Leilan

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

"Oh, right, you have no idea -- no one does -- ahem." She cleared her throat, clearly flustered due to the high emotions felt during their reunion. But her smile remained stubbornly in place, refusing to let anything stand in the way of the overwhelming joy she felt. "I came back from the dead, but I am still able to speak with them. That is why I know your father's words." You were always just so smooth with your words babe. (Shut up Hestoni).

With that situation sufficiently explained, Leilan deigned to answer her question with one of his own. Scorch frowned slightly at the inquiry, hard pressed to even remember her own children never mind the dozens of grandchildren. But for him, she stood in reflective thought until some names made themselves available to her tongue.

"Yes, Trekori does seem to be a bit of a stick in the mud, but everyone on Noori's branch is if you ask me. So from her there's also Takei, Nihlus, Cerva, and Daemron. Kaida has twins, Sunfyre and Starfyre. Shahrizai and his wife Ilka have too many children to count, and their children have children too - most recognizably, Heartfire, Rapture, and Longclaw. Ea and her husband Ramiel have children too, Sela, Sabrael, some others. I heard rumour of Vi having a daughter, Reshi I think; and... That's about it. I've also adopted two children, Philomena and Kha." She paused, pulling a small face at the news she delivered next. "Ea passed on not long ago. And I haven't heard from Wrynn in... Since before I died." She couldn't imagine the pain at being separated from one's twin; she herself had been a triplet, and had always maintained a close bond with one of their number, a deceased stallion called Crito. She thought of him, and her lost daughter, fondly, hoping that Leilan would take the blow well.

Their conversation moved forward though, much as life is prone to doing, and she listened to him explain his travels. She had been a wanderer only once in her life, and on the time she had found her husband, who made sure she never left home again - home being the land they raised all their children in. But for most, and for Leilan it would seem, the opposite occurred: a constant wandering, with home being found maybe once, for only a brief time.

"Well," she began in her hoarse voice, "While I admire you for your willingness to explore, I may be able to offer some insight as to which kingdom might suit you." Her red-yellow eyes flashed bright teal blue, clearly excited and scheming. "Visit Ischia, if you'll take my word for it. Seek out Brennen. I think that what he has to say will be goal enough for you."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Leilan] Readability is way better this way, nice fix!
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Leilan - by Scorch - 03-12-2018, 04:04 PM