• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I won't let you go; any
    At the sound of an approach, both twins turn, a synchronized pivot that brings them around to face the stallion together, two bright pairs of eyes focusing on the bay-and-navy pegasus that walks towards them. For a moment they are still, frozen; and then he takes a step forward and sideways, placing himself somewhat between Dagny and the other. She runs a light touch down his side, a soothing touch, and leans into him, once again glad to have no wings at this particular moment. She had experimented with keeping her wings on, and carrying them around like most pegasi, but had found them cumbersome and also they prevented her from sliding her skin against his skin, which was simply unacceptable. It is worth the energy and discomfort to grow another pair when she needs them, as the magic allows.

Dagny smiles at the stranger, lifting her head to lay it across her twin’s back so as to see him despite Olivier’s attempt to stay between them. It is a leisurely, practiced motion that indicates she is used to having him stand between her and danger. “Hello Warrick,” she replies in a bright voice, interested to see his brown framed in blue much as her own is – though probably he was not transformed into some sort of blue toy in a not-dream and torn to pieces by some demonoid child. In her experience, most colorful Beqanna denizens are colorful naturally, not as remnants from a long-ago nightmare-inducing Quest. “My name is Dagny, and this is my brother Olivier.”

She pauses, an ear twitching in anticipation, and sure enough his much lower voice is there to fill her silence. “We’d like to stay awhile, if that’s alright.” Neither mentions the egg she has just laid upon the side of the volcano, because the best way to protect a hidden object is to keep it a secret. They will keep close to keep an eye on it, but best not to mention it unless it is otherwise remarked upon. The girl fantasizes that some youngling might stumble across it and dream of dragons, and wouldn’t that be exciting?

She nibbles on Ollie’s mane for a moment, he has slowly begun to relax, but she suspects his tense muscles will stay ready for action until the man standing across from them gives his agreement to their staying. Dagny pulls back a step and slides her face and neck under her twin’s, small enough to fit neatly beneath his arched neck, and asks, “The Overseer – is that like a King?” She tilts her head just a notch and blinks at him, curious ice blue eyes even bolder against the blue that circles them.
    Dagny & Olivier

I won't let you go; so don't let go of me
    no one can ever follow; no one can ever know
    HTML by Tiny

<3 they are....something...in my head lol

Messages In This Thread
    I won't let you go; any - by Dagny and Olivier - 02-23-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: I won't let you go; any - by Warrick - 02-24-2018, 10:47 AM
    RE: I won't let you go; any - by Dagny and Olivier - 03-01-2018, 08:18 PM
    RE: I won't let you go; any - by Warrick - 03-03-2018, 10:44 AM
    RE: I won't let you go; any - by Warrick - 04-04-2018, 03:16 PM