• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Solace;
    He knew then as he knows now not to pursue her. Solace is the untouchable fruit, a mere image for his admiration.

It isn’t in his stars to find a singular love – this much he has told himself. With the unpredictability of his shifting, he fears a looming travesty. It would be best, he mused, to always keep himself caged away as to elude the onslaught of overwhelming emotions. Even this moment – how beautiful and serene it is! – teeters on the edge of his control as the cool wind whips through his mane and glides across his wingspan. The sense of freedom churns the creature inside him and rattles its prison bars desperately. His wings have already shifted to that of a dragon (his calling, his identity) but a periodic glance to Solace somehow tames the beast. Somehow, she prolongs his control.

”This way,” he calls out to her with an elated grin while tilting his weight south. With idle curiosity, he watches as the landscape shifts slightly with more rocky banks and less lush greenery. It still holds its own charm, of course, but Castile doesn’t stare down on it with a fluttering heart and pride. Nerine still lingers in his mind, an obstruction to his ability to find happiness elsewhere. With Ivar and Isobell turning their focuses elsewhere, he is alone. Mother and father have become figments of his memory.

With a heavy sigh and an easy glide, Castile spares a glance to Solace. ”Loess is below. A bit rockier than Hyaline, but not a huge difference,” he can’t shrug as his wings take a heavy beat but his voice subtly loses a small amount of enthusiasm. ”Ivar left, leaving me as the Regent until his daughter comes of age.” Castile has never imagined himself a leader; he has been a shadow most of his life. ”So, here I stay, but a greater part of me still leans toward Nerine. It’s where I was born, where my mother was Queen, where my father is…” or so he hopes, pushing aside the sinking pain that his family is no longer there.

sorry for the delay. I went ahead and pushed up the timeline a tad to reflect his promotion lol

Messages In This Thread
    Solace; - by Castile - 01-19-2018, 08:58 AM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 01-22-2018, 04:16 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 01-24-2018, 02:18 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 01-25-2018, 02:14 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 01-26-2018, 11:06 AM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 02-04-2018, 10:17 AM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 02-22-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 03-08-2018, 06:27 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 03-13-2018, 02:15 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 03-15-2018, 04:13 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 03-18-2018, 02:55 PM