• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I sold my soul for this [Scorch]

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there...
    dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before...
    Loving with a love that was more than love
    - Edgar Allen Poe
    She sees the gleam in Scorch’s eyes, she knows that look. The kingdom will be stronger because of it. The hairless woman speaks, laughs, and smiles easily. While all Hestia does is stand there, the only hint of wry mirth she feels revealed through her eyes. She knows the joke, she understands it, sometimes sarcasm and jokes are the only way to get through a situation, and this is definitely a situation. Hestia changes the topic, and Scorch laughs once more. Even if she doesn’t react all that much outwardly her relaxed posture should speak better for the queens understanding. That we are, she gives a quick nod in agreement. All the better for Nerine. Her lip twitches in scheming delight. When she mentions the idea of them being pitted against one another, Hestia shudders, but before she can do or say anything Scorch is has darkend her world. Draining the light from her vision, as the light leaks back into focus Hestia finds she must blink from disorientation.

Her muscles flutter where the light touches them, dancing around in their own way. Her tail whisking away the remnants when Scorch releases the energy. I’m sure, she can only imagine as she’s heard tales of the atrocities that the fairies send Beqanna’s residents through to be deemed worthy of the magic that thrives in this land… thrived. She flares out her flame wings giving Scorch a look, she would know Hestia had been selected for one such trial. They are never things that someone would want to repeat going through. If you made it, if you were deemed worthy and not completely mutilated, killed, or fallen behind others, the fairies would make the trouble worth your time. Otherwise you might come back to Beqanna with something terribly wrong with you. She’d seen a few and it was disturbing to watch, even for Hestia.

I have noticed, how are the little ones? I would enjoy meeting them at some point in the future. Right now wasn’t the time, right now they have business to discuss. It’s good that you brought that up I do need you to go to Sylva, see where we stand, and if there is a possibility for an alliance there. I honestly don’t know much about what is happening. she breaks of the wry look she gives as close to a laugh as she’ll get. That’s a first for me. We will be accepting stallions, we may be the only kingdom that sees females as true equals, but putting males down will not endear us to anyone. The females simply must keep their wits about them and remember they are warriors. It’ll be good for them, remind them not to get lazy in their training. Hopefully though it wont cause the mares to sit back and let the men carry all the load. The last part is tipped with a sourness as she looks away to the beach thinking for a moment. So much has changed, its an absent whisper, one she doesn’t realize has even come from her lips.

She had missed the look in her drift, and what comes next has she jerking slightly. She’s still not used to all the personal questions everyone prods her with. She doesn’t like it, it’s the worst part of being queen, nothing is yours and yours alone anymore. Holding everything in is much harder in this position, much harder than dealing with fucking mind readers in kingdom meetings watching for all you file away to take back to the real kingdom you serve. So much harder, and yet her first instinct is to snap, growl and bear her teeth at someone for prying.

She doesn’t though, she simply looks back at the mare before her eyeing her in her habit. She doesn’t even realize she does this before she can settle once again. Walter had taken the edge off and she doesn’t immediately bristle shooting sharp barbs at the mare for trying to be friendly. or is she? the voice goads her in the back of her mind, trying to stir up any sort of drama. Its when she lowers her head and refuses to look away that Hestia shifts with a sigh. Quelling the voice and trained instinct. I had a run in with a creature the other day. Fennick’s dead and left my children. Their alive. I’m going to have to find them somehow. Her voice is dead, until the mention of him leaving their children. There is nothing left in her to feel anything for him, just her children. They are not his, not any longer, not after he abandoned them. This time a laugh does come out of her throat. Its ugly, terrible and cringing, Apparently whatever the creatures saw inside of me when this happened gave them reason to give me the phoenix flame. bitterly she finds the irony, always through the pain. Always. What about yourself? she is quick to change topics, they may have found comradery, they may understand one another a great deal, but Hestia has never been one to feel comfortable in over sharing. Listening yes, sharing? Pffft.
    Hestia
    ©Photo by Stanislav Istratov
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Hestia - 02-10-2018, 03:10 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Scorch - 02-15-2018, 11:27 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Hestia - 02-16-2018, 11:34 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Scorch - 02-18-2018, 08:23 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Hestia - 02-22-2018, 02:44 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Scorch - 03-04-2018, 06:31 PM