• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Hestia
    The roan mare presents an innocuous figure, seemingly uninteresting upon first glance. She is neither particularly small nor particularly large. Her frame is slender, angular, neither muscular nor fragile. She possesses neither great beauty nor any particular uncomeliness. Her only outstanding feature is the piercing blue of her eyes. One would never guess at the power she could wield so carelessly if they did not know her well.

She watches Hestia approach, though her eyes do not follow. She has easier ways of watching what she wishes, an ability that is as natural to her as breathing. She had watched Nerine like this throughout her absence, never truly as gone as perhaps they had supposed. Hestia would hear no excuse from her, for she had none to give. It simply was not needed.

Her gaze remains fixed upon the crashing waves of the ocean far below her as the kingdom’s newly crowned queen approaches with caution. Heartfire cannot fault her for her discretion. They had never met in person before this day. Perhaps Hesita had heard her name once upon a time (Heartfire certainly has never been quiet in her presence), but she certainly would have no face to put to such knowledge.

Finally, when the mare comes to a halt near her, Heartfire turns her icy blue gaze to the darker woman. One brow notches up a bit sardonically at the woman’s statement. After a moment’s silence, Heartfire responds simply, somewhat rhetorically, “It works, does it not?”

For a long moment, Heartfire merely studies the woman. While it’s true she had done her fair share of spying upon the black mare, there is nothing quite like seeing something in the flesh, so to speak. Finally, after a somewhat lengthy pause, Heartfire continues. “I am Heartfire, and we have much to discuss, you and I.”

I see your sins

Heartfire

and I want to set them free.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Hestia - by Heartfire - 02-17-2018, 08:00 PM