• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I sold my soul for this [Walter]

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there...
    dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before...
    Loving with a love that was more than love
    - Edgar Allen Poe
    It’s been weeks since they found themselves locked together in that cave, on that stormy night. Sheltered in their little world with nothing to bring reality back into check. It feels like a dream, a pleasant one, with all those surreal, and fanciful feelings can stay tucked away secretly keeping the soul nourished in its ever-annoying need of contact. Normally the residents can find her on the cliffs edge, or at the ocean’s edge, today she is making her way inland, towards the border of Hyaline. It’s time she starts forming the alliances they so desperately need. It’s still summer, and easy travel for her to bring along some of the aspiring diplomats. She’s requested Volcan to accompany her to Loess, and she thinks maybe the young male that had been present at the meeting would be good for Hyaline. She’s thinking of sending Djinni to another, and still she wonders if this is making any difference for the kingdom what-so-ever. There are days that she strongly believes that she is doing something good for it. Then there are others that the doubt is overwhelming.

Today is an in-between day. Where she thinks she could be making a difference just wondering if its enough of a difference? Is it ever enough though? Kingdoms need constant maintenance, they are babies still suckling for their nourishment. They never grow into adulthood in that way. They can never be independent, and the only way to ensure a kingdoms future is to leave it to hands more capable then yourself. This seems impossible as you can never know a person’s capability till they are already doing the job, and then it’s to late to take back what was already decided. It’s a lose-lose situation. Either you find someone more capable and wish you had done better, or you find someone less capable and find yourself lacking in that you couldn’t recognize who you were leaving the land to.

She stops by a stream to drink long gulps of refreshing liquid. It’s crystal clear, and the growth on the banks show the richness of the soil. While the salty grasses on the cliff might taste better than over here, the water is much more pleasant away from the coast and the salty winds. Under the shade of the mountains the stream sneaks it’s way around them without ever being noticed. Hestia finds that her conscience isn’t so heavy now. Not constantly weighted by the past. Part of her wonders what exactly had been done to her? She had always saw herself as thriving when a spy, never had she wanted a high rank. In way she had been terrified of it and avoided it like the plague. Now she has the highest of all of them. Tethered to this home forever. Never again would she be able to wander and change homes at a whim. This is it. This is her last stop, and it may not have been her choice, but it has grown on her. Enough that she is actually glad that she is queen now, possibly even thriving in this position. She is always busy, always has someplace else to be. There isn’t much time for lonely thought, or long boring days in the sun. The old hag is constantly driven to find goals, to fix things, and here she can do that. This coast has so much that needs fixing, so much that needs doing. At least Hestia is never bored.
    Hestia
    ©Photo by Stanislav Istratov

@[Walter] ~ they bring me muse and the other one seemed like a good place to stop since so much has happened since the start of that one.
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this [Walter] - by Hestia - 02-17-2018, 02:19 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Walter] - by Walter - 02-20-2018, 02:32 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Walter] - by Hestia - 02-23-2018, 10:25 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Walter] - by Walter - 03-27-2018, 02:25 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Walter] - by Hestia - 03-28-2018, 07:25 PM