• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I sold my soul for this [Scorch]

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there...
    dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before...
    Loving with a love that was more than love
    - Edgar Allen Poe
    The kingdom is almost dead, and Hestia is doing everything in her power to bring it back to life. When a leader doesn’t need to yell to be heard by all in a meeting, its never a good sign. She knew things were bad, knew getting the kingdom on its feet would be tough. She knew her rule was going to be an uphill battle all the way. Never in a million years could she have suspected just how crippled the kingdom was that had been handed to her. Calling the meeting she had expected a weak outcome, but this… When one had crawled out, she had been hopeful, when the second came tagging along, she had been worried, when a third finally made it to the scene she felt the wind knocked out of her. This is it? This is all she has to work with? Still she takes note of who shows, for they will be the ones to watch. If they stuck it out in the hobbled kingdom for this long, then their faithfulness could not be questioned. She does not expect much from them currently. They must be exhausted from carrying the workload on their own, but she wonders how they will fair when it becomes a prospering kingdom once again.

Hestia had been raised with the idea that once a queen always a queen. While she would never put on airs or play favorites, she knows the value of insight. Earning a place would be equal for all, but that doesn’t mean that she will ever not look in other directions for guidance. Sometimes that is more valuable a position to hold than any title could ever be. She would know having been a spy for the Jungle for so long. How many times had she been able to avert a war or some major diplomatic incident because she held the ear of a monarch or some general. The spies had helped the Jungle become strong, feeding intel to one source or another. Or feeding false intel to divert attention. Oh, that had been fun, walking the line, being the only one to know the real capacity of your power. Never recognized, never trusted, always listened to. She had thrived in that setting.

She wouldn’t recognize the past queen immediately the last time she had seen her, she still had hair. Their meeting had been brief some kingdom meeting or training session, and after that she had spent her time in the Dale, spying… as usual. The gossip she had heard was more focused on the Chamber and Gates… or was it the Deserts and Falls? Eh, its all so muddled. She probably did hear about the hairless beast at some point. But her dear old memory slips a little more each day and this seems to be one of those things. She doesn’t need to hear the title, however, the name alone sparks her memory, and everything that she had heard associated with that name comes flooding back to her mind. A smile quirks her lip, this is exactly what the Nerinian’s need. Hestia dips her head mirroring the other. She is shocked that she is receiving that respect from a past queen; as she has never seen one make any form of inclination to do so at any other time in her long history.

The next words that come out of her mouth has Hestia humbled with no words to express it. She dips her head again instead, hoping that it shows her recognition of the others importance to Nerine. After a small pause she continues, I must say, it is a relief that you have decided to join us. Maybe Nerine stands a chance, what had started out as a grey and hopeless day for her, becomes something more meaningful. With Scorch here, and if she can convince Walter to be an active piece in the kingdom. If she can call Djinni back, along with Starlin. They have a chance to rebuild. But I’m sure that you have something you would like to discuss, Hestia has never been one to linger on pleasantries. Getting down to business has always proved to be the only way. Her tail switches as her green eyes gaze back at the others color shifting ones.
    Hestia
    ©Photo by Stanislav Istratov

@[Scorch]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Hestia - 02-10-2018, 03:10 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Scorch - 02-15-2018, 11:27 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Hestia - 02-16-2018, 11:34 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Scorch - 02-18-2018, 08:23 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Hestia - 02-22-2018, 02:44 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Scorch - 03-04-2018, 06:31 PM