• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you made hell feel like home; any
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Reality seems hollow after our fall through the abyss. The green leaves on the trees are dull, the trees themselves almost immaterial. The air is at once too thin and too thick, not uncomfortable but unsatisfying. He is the only figure that remains whole, golden, savory, the only one to whom I can cling as the disappointment of wakefulness settles beneath my skin.

You are a wonder.

He is shaking, trembling, and it shows in his voice. The dreamer in me longs to reach out, to pull him to my chest and whisper about where I will take him and that which we will see together. But she, the person I am when I am not dreaming, she is not pleased. She knows of my sins and disapproves: frowns at how my hands pull Rapt's strings, snarls as I call him my own and place my mark on his skin.

I am at war with myself.

The hollowness of our surroundings only feeds my frustrations, and though I try to speak, my mouth is only just too dry, jaw just too clenched, for words to form. Our eyes have not left each others.
    He is so golden - pure - marred by the monster.
    I want him.

I want him.

"This shouldn't have happened." My head is shaking, eyes finally falling, embarrassment and anger flush on my cheeks. "I --"

But I am already gone.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[rapt]

I'd love love love to have another thread with them. If you want to throw up a post where Rapt finds Kagerus (it's not likely she would approach him) I'd be /so/ down. River, forest, anywhere. I'm down.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    you made hell feel like home; any - by rapt - 01-14-2018, 06:59 PM
    RE: you made hell feel like home; any - by rapt - 01-21-2018, 07:20 PM
    RE: you made hell feel like home; any - by rapt - 01-21-2018, 09:08 PM
    RE: you made hell feel like home; any - by rapt - 01-21-2018, 10:18 PM
    RE: you made hell feel like home; any - by rapt - 01-27-2018, 02:23 PM
    RE: you made hell feel like home; any - by rapt - 02-04-2018, 07:23 PM
    RE: you made hell feel like home; any - by rapt - 02-11-2018, 05:39 PM
    RE: you made hell feel like home; any - by Kagerus - 02-16-2018, 01:40 PM