• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you made hell feel like home; any
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    I have already experienced what it is like to have my family be gone - and I reacted nothing like him. I am dependent, tethered, disapproving of solitude. In a way, aren't we all?
    Chance meetings can be avoided.
    This one was not.

His smile disarms me (why did I expect him to be less... civilized?), and my lips become a mirror. They like to see themselves reflected in me, the others. At least, the parts of me that I've shown have been less warmly received. I step closer to him.

"I'm Kagerus," I reply, the low husk of my voice mingling with his in the silence that steadily grows between us. My eyes sit weighted on his for a time, a leaded sort of connection that feels comfortable, but only because there's no where also to look.

My skin twitches. Eerie.

"I came here to dream," I allow, feeling as if I exist above my body - dissociated. My head feels too light, my legs altogether numb. I can't help it, sometimes. The drifting. Mind pulling away from body as if their connection could withstand such hardship.

"Why are you here?"
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[rapt]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    you made hell feel like home; any - by rapt - 01-14-2018, 06:59 PM
    RE: you made hell feel like home; any - by rapt - 01-21-2018, 07:20 PM
    RE: you made hell feel like home; any - by Kagerus - 01-21-2018, 08:18 PM
    RE: you made hell feel like home; any - by rapt - 01-21-2018, 09:08 PM
    RE: you made hell feel like home; any - by rapt - 01-21-2018, 10:18 PM