• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

"If it pleases you to call me that, I suppose I don't mind," the young stallion says, his voice laced with an easy, natural laughter that seems only to surface when the crimson soothsayer is in close proximity. She has shown him much in the year that he has known her, and Amet can't imagine his life without the wisdom or pure happiness that is Jah-Lilah. His ears flutter excitedly as she grows coy and motions to her inflated stomach, drawing his amber eyes to the obvious swell of a growing babe.

"Your child is going to have the happiest life, Jah, I just know it," he blurts in his excitement before settling back into happy silence to listen to the red wytch croon about her Wind. He is familiar with Canaan and is pleased that the two kind souls have found each other in this world. The gilded stallion had thought, briefly, that he had found something similar with the starry-eyed Ciri, but alas, it had not been meant to be.

He does his best not to dwell on this fact anymore, and grows distracted by the sudden sadness that lingers at the corners of Jah-Lilah's lips at the mention of Ischia. The emotion seems out of place on her kind face, but soon he understands. The Wolf has vanished. Amet finds that it's his turn to frown now. The moss-colored mare had been a kind and able Advisor and Guardian; to disappear suddenly was simply not Circinae, but it's not his place to press and so Amet simply nods his understanding of the situation.

"I would not consider it imposing," Amet says with amusement as the happiness returns to Jah-Lilah's face, though he doesn't get a chance to answer her inquiry before they are joined by the winged form of Canaan. The gilded stallion bobs his head in warm greeting to him, a gentle chuckle falling from his lips. "Thank you for your kind words, Canaan. I think I owe you a congratulations," he says with a flicker of amusement in his amber eyes. "And I promise that you are not intruding. I will let Solace know that you will be staying here for as long as you need. But..." he trails off for a moment, gaze slipping between the two of them playfully. "Only if I get to be called Uncle Amet."

@[Jah-Lilah] @[Canaan]

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah - by Amet - 12-02-2017, 09:06 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah - by Canaan - 12-21-2017, 02:30 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah - by Amet - 12-26-2017, 06:43 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah - by Canaan - 12-27-2017, 08:27 PM