• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Unbidden, unbroken, untimely; Kagerus, Kasanova; Any
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    We do not wait long, the rag tag pair of us. Apparently there is more appeal in the gaunt outlines of our ribs and the listless shine of our eyes than either of us anticipated. Our shoulders twitch in unison as a breeze brushes our fur in the wrong direction; it must be clear to him that we come together. We watch as he approaches.

His demeanor is far more acceptable to me than that of the first stallion we encountered; I leave my bladed words sheathed, retaining the mousiness of my character. Kelsie is his name, and his comes from the islands of Ischia - he also wishes to know how we are today. Better than yesterday, I muse as Sig introduces us. Better since I met her. I lip lovingly at her forelock as she touches me, her warm breath soothing and reassuring. When her last sentence is long past, I realize that I should elaborate - that being lost isn't all the information this stallion needs.

I return my nutmeg gaze to him, shifting my weight but not relaxing into my hips. "Your home sounds lovely," I begin, "But my friend and I know nothing of the lands in this new realm. We are from before the change," The stallion looks young, but perhaps he has heard - it has not been long enough for the Beqanna of old to have been forgotten. "Please, tell us of the kingdoms now - or at least, the ones you think we might be most suited to."

"I know it goes against your nature, that your ruler wants you to bring us to her or him."
    The boldness of my character has begun to show, to shine through the cracks which I allow. "But if you know of a land, any land, where two mares of little renowned can learn to grow and become whole again, please take us there." My words have drawn on far longer than my companion's, and for a moment I feel sheepish, embarrased, as if I am over stepping my bounds. But I am not - not if this stallion has a morsel of goodness in him, and I think he does.

"Like Sig said," I say more quietly, with a small, sad smile toying with my lips, "We are lost, and in need of a guide."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Unbidden, unbroken, untimely; Kagerus, Kasanova; Any - by Kagerus - 12-18-2017, 08:19 PM