• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I want you to know... that I'm all yours [Offy]
    Reagan
    Say something, I'm giving up on you.

Her heart was in her eyes as she watched him. She should have known that her theatrics should have no effect on him. At the end of the day, they were as they were. Everything was stripped away between them. He had never been a King. She had never been a Queen. They were just two creatures that had entangled up in each other. He had been a boy. And she had been a girl. They had known each other for a night--and it had created an exchange of souls that Reagan had never before encountered before.

She never had to be more than she was. A dumpy little grey mare, that was made beautiful by a pair of tired red eyes that wanted nothing more than the best for her. Eyes that wanted to see her happy, because he knew that his last days were coming. He was tired—and in pain. Oh, so much pain. It was a pain he did not want to share--a pain he did not want her to feel.

A pain he did not feel she deserved.

And so he took it all on his own. And in her selfishness, she had pushed him once too far. Her ears rotate as she becomes erect, her bright green eyes searching his face as he speaks to her in words that sounded to her like the thundrous crash of waves against a cliff. Her world was coming crashing down around her once more, and there was nothing more she wanted to do than to take him into her own, and hold him until she could make the hurt go away. But she knew that he would never allow that. He had never allowed her to feel hurt. It was not his way.

And so, as he steps away, the look of sadness, hurt, and anger crossing his face as he turns his shoulder to her—the first time he has ever done that too her--her world shatters into pieces at her feet. And her first real sobs at the realization that Offspring was dying hit her like a gigantic slap in the face. And she wished she could take it all back. She wished that she could undo the threads of time that had brought them all here. She would stop them. She would take it for him, fix him--make him whole.

But it was something she said she would never do.

Because she loved him as he was. And she always would.

And so, he carries himself away, amid echos of her sobbing, and in his mind, a quiet whisper of love is placed, and she hopes it would be something he thought about until they saw each other again.

I will want you long after you are gone. I will want you until the end of forever.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I want you to know... that I'm all yours [Offy] - by Offspring - 12-04-2017, 02:09 AM
    RE: I want you to know... that I'm all yours [Offy] - by Offspring - 12-07-2017, 01:46 AM
    RE: I want you to know... that I'm all yours [Offy] - by Offspring - 12-07-2017, 02:26 AM
    RE: I want you to know... that I'm all yours [Offy] - by Offspring - 12-10-2017, 01:30 AM
    RE: I want you to know... that I'm all yours [Offy] - by Reagan - 12-10-2017, 01:55 AM