• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In the Darkness brings a butterfly
    Drink thy poison lightly dear,
    ♦♢♦

I wonder of dreams and nightmares, of sleepless nights and constrained thoughts, wandering along the midnight hour. I dream in black and white, my dreams are like splintered ice in my fingers, hurtful, painful. That is why I don't sleep to the true extent of sleep. I doze in the darkness, eyes half ajar, my mind still ticking by. I wonder now, as the blue girl collapses and dozes, does she dream, does she have frightful nightmares? Perhaps, perhaps I am right in never sleeping, an insomniac, a wanderer of the night.

'The Chamber allows refuge, if one will promise something in return.' my voice is low, a whisper into the crackling trees. I keep my distance, but stand as tall like the towering pines, still as the trunks of the rich bark. My emerald gaze meets her, she has many tales in her worried eyes, many tales to tell indeed. But I let her rest, this is not a weakness of mine, to allow a poteiotnal recruit rest, but more so I can gauge what they can offer the chamber, and when one is near fainting, fatigue gnawing at their insides, one can't really tell what they will bring to the table.

An hour or two drifts by, I gauge that by the sun's rays changing, filtering through the boughs of the trees and now resting on my face, I step out of the sunlight and back into the comfort of the shadows, stretching a lazy yawn as I make my way closer to Mystic. 'Rested?' I pause, flickering ears and blowing a quick breath, the irritant flies of spring starting to become bothersome. 'Tell me, Mystic, you must have a tale to tell?' after all, everyone does. some gory, some painful and sad, some happy and exuberant. my tales, my tales never slipped from my lips., they were hidden under lock and key in the deepest recesses of my heart.

♦♢♦

there are deeper and darker things than you;

professor of the chamber
    html by magpie77 - photo manip by beequeen - character by magpie77

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In the Darkness brings a butterfly - by Engelsfors - 07-02-2015, 04:07 PM