• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Jah-Lilah keeps him from her den skillfully as if she had been beating children away from her space for years and he can't help but chuckle warmly at her as he takes a few steps back to avoid souring her private hovel with his own bad joojoo. He smiles sheepishly at the red wytch before telling her of Solace, a small nod accentuating his statement when his companion's expression transforms to one of surprise. The decision had been a heavy one, but the young filly will prove to be a successful leader and, despite his sorrows, the gilded stallion has grown more proud of her each day.

The soothsayer is quick to throw a mischievous glance in his direction, her inquiry slathered in sarcasm, when he coaxes their conversation away from himself and to the red woman. Nevertheless, it still catches the young stallion off guard and it's a nervous chuckle that falls from his maw this time and discomfort that keeps him shifting his weight in the sand. "Ah, well," he sputters quietly under Jah-Lilah's scrutiny. Amet is relieved when she pivots around to move towards the thicket, and even more relieved when the question she throws over her shoulder is not another about the birds and the bees.

"Oh, I won't be stepping down for a while. There are still a few things I'd like to do," he trails off at the thought of everything he needs to discuss with Solace, the allies and friends he will need to inform. Having a task to set his mind on lightens the stallion's spirits, albeit slightly, as he shrugs his thin shoulders to the red woman.

He follows her when called, hooves falling gently behind her as he searches for something (anything) to tell her. Anything that doesn't involve Ciri. But when she swings her head around and traps him under her grinning gaze, his amber eyes drop from hers. The Akhal-Teke shifts his weight uncomfortably again, willing his face to remain neutral and unaffected as his throat tightens and burns. "Can't I just tell you that I haven't been sleeping well?" he asks her, the sadness leaking into his voice.

Amet clenches his jaw suddenly, forcing the pain down, down, down until finally he sighs quietly and slips the words onto the ground, voicing them for the first time since he had watched Ciri turn and walk away. "You were right, Jah. Like I knew you would be. You said that if I didn't tell her, someone else would..." He has hardened again, hiding himself behind that wall just like he had learned to do as a child, "I told Ciri that I loved her. And she said it back. But... she has the same feelings for Castile, a childhood fri ─ someone I knew from when I was younger," he corrects coldly, shrugging his gilded shoulders as if he can shrug away the pain. Even he knows it's not that menial.

He knows Jah-Lilah will understand ─ he had told her, had confessed his worries that not wanting to share Ciri's affections meant that he was selfish. "I wish I could be okay with it. But I'm not. I don't want half of her heart," his voice has dropped to a whisper, and yet he still clings to his emptiness. "Sorry. I didn't mean to find you just to complain," he mumbles, his amber eyes finding anything but the red wytch, hoping that Ciri is not around to hear or see him.
    Amet

@[Jah-Lilah]

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah - by Amet - 11-05-2017, 05:23 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah - by Amet - 11-09-2017, 10:25 PM