• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not the devil but i won't be your hero. || ALL
    Diable Rouge
    >
    He had been patrolling the kingdom when he had heard the call. It rang out for miles and miles, until the wind carried it to Diable Rouge's ears. He figured it was very important, because although Offspring was a fantastic, watchful leader, he often kept to himself. He was quiet, reserved, and the chaser had only seen him a few times in passing. 

When he arrives, most of the kingdom is already there. Two-toned eyes scan the crowd for his beloved, and when he spots her, he meanders over, gently touching her shoulder with his muzzle. His thick body presses against her delicate physique, and he turns two attentive ears towards Offspring.

The announcement sends a wave of shock throughout Rou, and his heart skips a beat. Hushed whispers ripple through the crowd; Offspring was stepping down as Overseer. Diable is not opposed to change, but a warning would've been nice - he enjoyed working under the black stallion, he liked how he ruled his kingdom and respected him greatly.

"...Ellyse will carry Tephra as your Overseer..." 

He smiles. Ellyse, the golden beauty that had brought him here, who had so kindly introduced him to his home...the first and only one he had ever had. He looks over to her; she had changed so much since their first meeting, she looked like she had been to hell and back with her missing eye and scarred bodice. While they hardly talked anymore, he was proud of her - she loved Tephra with every fiber of her being, and would serve it well.

When Offspring finishes and the meeting is adjourned, Diable Rouge gives a respectful bow of his head to the former leader of Tephra. Everything seemed to be changing all at once, but he understood that sometimes, the time is just right for retirement. Then he looks to Ellyse, giving her the same goofy smile he had upon their first meeting. 

"Congratulations," He says, looking around him. "You're perfect for the job. And if you need anything...anything," He emphasizes the last word, nodding his head and raising his brow. "Don't hesitate to let me know, my Queen." He bows to her as well, but for longer this time. Then, he turns, following Aurora away. 
    in the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet.

ooc: Diable Rouge would like to be considered, and will do whatever it takes to be Overseer, although he is not opposed to anyone else more qualified doing it. Smile

Messages In This Thread
    i'm not the devil but i won't be your hero. || ALL - by Offspring - 11-06-2017, 01:23 PM
    RE: i'm not the devil but i won't be your hero. || ALL - by Diable Rouge - 11-08-2017, 11:03 AM