• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom - Ivar
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom.
    All she knows is that Ivar likes water, just like she does. She had witnessed him holding his breath longer than he should be able to, so he could look at the bottom of Hyaline’s lake. He also was the one who had learned her to swim, how to not be afraid of deep pools and the wild sea. This Ivar, the one living in Loess, isn’t the Ivar she had gotten to know.

But does she know him at all?

She sighs softly, for now just enjoying his proximity and attention. Kylin didn’t need anything more to trouble her, and it isn’t like she had the right to question him. Her gaze is focussed ahead, but she doesn’t really see. Did she want to help them? She didn’t know, but she was afraid of the consequences if she would tell Circinae no.

”I don’t know..” she honestly tells him and her words are followed by another deep sigh. She’d lived her whole life in Ischia and she didn’t want to part from the island, knowing that she wasn’t as strong as Ivar. Kylin couldn’t live without the sea. ”They just came and changed everything. It makes me feel like a stranger in my own home.”

To some of them she was the stranger. It had been impossible to miss how Circinae had brought her family to Ischia. Not exactly a traditional couple, but who was Kylin to know of that. She’d been angry at her Father for telling her she couldn’t love her brother like that. Children too. And the sight of the girl made Kylin miss her baby sister Kali only more. ”What.. what if they don’t want me?”

Her hazel eyes slowly move to meet Ivar’s gaze again. She would say that she would’ve never felt this lost, but she knows that isn’t true. Though nothing special, she cannot say her life had been calm and only good. Her family had had a whole lot of issues and Kylin was no stranger to them.

Messages In This Thread
    Like a flower waiting to bloom - Ivar - by Kylin - 10-07-2017, 04:04 PM
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Ivar - by Kylin - 11-05-2017, 10:29 AM