• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  My Brother's Keeper
    "Someone's coming, Brag." Hod mentioned through a mouthful of dry grass. The two-year old kept grazing, the constant motion of his ears the only indication that he was on alert. Bragi lifted his head slowly, taking in the vision of a gracefully built filly making her way towards them. She wove a dainty path their way, though she seemed encumbered by a glimmering mass that cloaked her back. With a pale cream coat and her brilliantly green mane and tail swaying as she moved, it was an easy thing to say she was the most vivid creature in the field at the moment. By estimation, Bragi aged her close to Hod. Both were caught in that awkward stage, where future loveliness and elegance were apparent, but rapid growth made for a body one couldn't be quite sure of. As she drew nearer, perhaps hesitantly, he noticed that the shining plates along her back were in fact attached. Wings, wings of ice... he thought, somewhat surprised. They were beautiful and delicate and they made a charming icy jingling as she moved. They also looked heavy as sin.
    "It's a filly," He murmured to Hod, before she was quite to them. "About your age. Light colored with icy wings. Made of ice, not covered in. Pretty young thing. Looks harmless enough." He commented as she paused in front of them.

Hod lifted his head, moving slowly to pinpoint the newcomer's exact location. She was breathing with a little labor, and it did indeed sound like there were hundreds of delicate icicles chiming from her direction. He also noted the very distinct scent about her. Cool, like an autumn river. It was a pleasantly clean scent, not very horse-y. Hod flicked his tail in Bragi's direction, reassuring himself of his brother's nearness as he felt it make contact.

"We don't mind at all, do we Hod?" Bragi replied. Always the one with words, the buckskin stud was the one who typically handled stranger interactions. At the next question, however, Hod decided Bragi wasn't going to do all of the talking "We did, once. Now we just walk around. A lot." He grinned slightly to himself. "Who are you? And where are you going?" He asked suddenly. A lifetime of transience had not given him the best manners. Bragi snorted at the young grey, a little affronted by this changed script. He let it go, though. Hod had been given so few opportunities to interact with anyone, let alone age-mates. This could be good for him, he thought. 

@[Nyxa]

Messages In This Thread
    My Brother's Keeper - by Bragi - 11-04-2017, 12:38 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Nyxa - 11-04-2017, 03:19 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Bragi - 11-04-2017, 04:32 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Nyxa - 11-07-2017, 02:02 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Bragi - 11-08-2017, 09:45 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Nyxa - 11-11-2017, 04:45 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Bragi - 11-11-2017, 07:58 PM