• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when I breathed - lagertha, any
    and when I breathed, my breath was lightning
    She can’t help but laugh at Lagertha’s first comment. Lagertha is about the last horse in the world Rhy ever worries about. But still, she’s also one of the last horses Rhy ever wants to loose, and in that world that still feels something like a dream, anyone could have been lost. No matter what they were, no matter how powerful, Carnage could have left them there. And that would have been the end, really and truly the end. They both know this, of course. They both know that the mouths that ate the world could have been the last thing they ever saw.

For a brief moment, Rhy thought Gail would let them stay there, would let them face the end of the world. For a brief moment, she thought she was going to die. And in some ways, she came to peace with it, though she wasn’t any more ready to die than Lagertha or Kratos or any of the others there. “I don’t think words helped much either. Gail just decided she didn’t want me to die there, though I admit, I was expecting death. She admits. Lagertha had her moment of kind and gentle, something that possibly shocked Rhy more than space had, and so in return, Rhy is more open and honest than she usually is (which is saying something, the girl is not a closed book after all).

“No, Kratos didn’t make it back with Gail either, though he’s safe and sound and furious in the Tundra. Well, technically, none of us did. Gail tried, but Beqanna wouldn’t let her. Truthfully, I think Gail wanted to die. I think that’s probably why she impaled herself.” Gail was almost dead already. She was just waiting to make it official. “We all got shunted off to the realm of the dead. Beqanna’s dead. I nearly died there myself. Well, actually, I sort of did.” She flickers out of view then, going completely invisible (though she has discovered that she can take a semi-corporeal form as well). A nearby rock lifts into the air, though Rhy herself hasn’t actually moved. She launches it through the trees till it smacks into one with a thud, and then flickers back into view. Mostly solid, not entirely this time.  Gray flecks her coat, reminders of her near death experience.

“I found my parents there, in the realm of the dead. I haven’t seen them since I was a child, and now they are gone. Though I guess not really. I know where they are, and I know they are happy. But still. Vanquish found me there as well. He’s the one who got me back. Literally threw me through a seam in the realms. It was sort of hilarious, considering.” She falls silent then, having told all that mattered. Her parents were dead. Vanquish had saved her life. And at least, everyone was all right. Physically, because scars were nothing in the long run. Emotionally, well, how could she ever be the same?

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

character reference here  | character info here

Messages In This Thread
    and when I breathed - lagertha, any - by Rhy - 06-05-2015, 03:12 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - lagertha, any - by Rhy - 06-18-2015, 09:45 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - lagertha, any - by Rhy - 06-30-2015, 09:51 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - lagertha, any - by Rhy - 07-08-2015, 09:41 AM