• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in a holding pattern // to find myself
    Kahvi
    Differences make good sparks.
     Okay, so that was how things were done. Not at all like she had done when she had first stumbled upon Nayl, but to her own defence, she’d just been a lost little baby wandering into the unknown. Nobody to look over her, nobody to guide her, well until Nayl of course. And Kahvi liked to copy what the piebald mare did, but, it didn’t stop the navy girl from looking up to Starlin.

And that was a whole new guidebook to study, this chapter about greeting strangers.

Step one: say hello with a smile.

Step two, following right after one: introduce yourself and informs to other equine’s name.

Step three: “It’s nice to meet you.” After the other equine has introduced him or herself.

Step four: Answer any and all question. Oh, and don’t get caught.

Starlin noticed her. It flusters Kahvi, but at the same time it thrills her. For a moment she wonders if she should just pretend that she still isn’t there, that she hadn’t heard what Starlin had said. Or that Elindor, too, noticed her. But that all became not an option when the minimal grullo tobiano calls her out.

Secretly it’s a little exciting too, now she can go and say hello too and study whatever Starlin does up close. It takes Kahvi little to no time to trot to Starlin’s side, but then she’s shy to face the stranger. Her silver eyes stare up to Elindor, her dark head tilted slightly to the side. ”Hi..” she says softly, pressing herself up to Starlin’s much larger frame. ”I.. I’m Kahvi..” she adds, but not without glancing up to see if this has the approval of her big example.

”Are we going back home?” she then asks, this time her words directed towards Starlin. Young as she is Kahvi longs for home, and the comforting presence of the mare that had taken the motherly task on her.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: in a holding pattern // to find myself - by Kahvi - 11-03-2017, 03:28 PM