• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Make me your Aphrodite; Jason
    so you wanna play with magic?
    She listens, rapt, as he describes it. She imagines everything as he says it, perhaps picking the images out of some collective memory, or perhaps not. She can see them, the hordes of normal horses, and the few with gifts, the fewer still with magic. It was a simpler time, she knows. She isn't sure whether she thinks it was a better time or not.

"I remember how it was, before there were so many with gifts." she says, lost in thought as he is. "I was born just before the Catastrophe, when Beqanna was split apart and remade into just three kingdoms. Back then, we had some horses with gifts, but the majority were still without." She sighs. "I was born with two gifts. The ability to change the color of my eyes at will-" to demonstrate, she shifts them to a light, shimmery gold "- and the ability to weave illusions." She still has both those abilities now, although they're a bit redundant in the face of her magic. "I received my magic by being in either the exact right or wrong spot, depending on how you want to look at it, when the catastrophe hit. It shook the earth, ripped it apart, and in the process I received the gift." She looks at him. "I've spent the rest of my life understanding exactly what that means."

And she has. It's been her driving passion ever since, to constantly push the envelope, and thereby learn what's possible. It often ends up with her pushing others beyond their comfort zone, with casual magic use of the sort that Jason might (perhaps quite rightly) frown upon. But at the end of the day she's quite confident that she keeps track of the ripples. And if she doesn't, there's nothing to stop her from going back and doing it all over again. The world is, quite literally, her oyster.

"The magic of the kingdoms was present back when I was born, but it wasn’t quite as pronounced as it is today." she pauses for a moment before speaking the next line. "What do you make of the changes to it?"
    CAMRYNN
    co-queen of the deserts, magical, mother of badassery

Edited to include the Pharate-related changes to kingdoms XD

Messages In This Thread
    Make me your Aphrodite; Jason - by Camrynn - 06-03-2015, 05:38 PM
    RE: Make me your Aphrodite; Jason - by Jason - 06-05-2015, 04:35 PM
    RE: Make me your Aphrodite; Jason - by Camrynn - 06-05-2015, 06:47 PM
    RE: Make me your Aphrodite; Jason - by Jason - 06-05-2015, 07:09 PM
    RE: Make me your Aphrodite; Jason - by Camrynn - 06-06-2015, 10:49 PM
    RE: Make me your Aphrodite; Jason - by Jason - 06-20-2015, 10:59 AM
    RE: Make me your Aphrodite; Jason - by Camrynn - 06-28-2015, 06:01 PM
    RE: Make me your Aphrodite; Jason - by Jason - 07-28-2015, 12:57 PM