• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a warning sign - zhenga
    Zhenga felt another presence next to her, telling the filly that Ivar had come closer and was now standing at her side. Content to watch the sunrise in silence with her friend, the filly's electric blue eyes shone like jewels as the morning rays peaked over the horizon, bathing the meadow in an array of colors from red to orange to gold.

The filly was so taken aback by this sight that she almost didn't hear Ivar's words, nor the fact that he was now looking at her. She'd been an adventurous young filly during her earlier years, but under the watchful eye of her dam, had not been allowed to venture to other kingdoms until she had proven herself ready. When she was old enough, she had journeyed out, but had remained beyond the borders, unsure of how to approach residents of a kingdom about just wanting to explore. She'd been trained by her dam to be one of the best fighters in Sylva, and also very observant of her surroundings, including words and body language.

If a strange horse had approached the kingdom where she lived and had asked to explore for the sole purpose of doing so, what would her first reaction have been? To allow them in but keep a close eye, or deny them the right in case they had an ulterior motive? Evidence of this way of thinking was how Taiga had been destroyed, according to recent things she'd heard.

After what seemed like an eternity, Ivar's words finally registered in Zhenga's head. The filly turned to look at him, a curious look in her eyes.

"Have you been to other lands to see the sunrises from there? Surely they are just as pretty if not more so," she inquired. "Sylva's was all right, but nothing like this. I wonder what Hyaline's is like, or Nerine and Ischia. I've heard the island territory is beautiful; surely the sunrise is too."

Messages In This Thread
    i'll use you as a warning sign - zhenga - by Ivar - 09-13-2017, 06:35 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a warning sign - zhenga - by Zhenga - 10-02-2017, 02:05 PM