• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll burn this whole city down; Michaelis
    Her eyes are not as good as his in the darkness, so she misses his feigned expression of confusing. But she doesn’t miss his words and a loud guffaw escapes her lips. “Clearly you don’t! You’re putting too much weight on your feet!” Ever the show off, she gathers the winds about her, drawing in several from different angles. She’s become well practiced at this trick over the years, and after only a few minutes, her feet rise from the ground. She hangs in mid-air for a moment, buffeted occasionally by an unruly breeze, then lets herself drop back down to the ground with a thud. Who doesn’t like a little bit of shock and awe?

She takes a step towards him then, peering through the darkness. What had those things dancing about his face been?

Apparently though he’s still going to play coy. She snorts quietly at him and grins. “I’m Lyris. And you?” Her nose tests the air trying to pick up any hint of a kingdom on him, but she cannot find any. He does though, have an odd mix of scents. Perhaps he is a wanderer of some sort?

“So what brings a second-place stand-er to the meadow in the middle of the night? Practicing your skills?” It’s not a terribly good joke - she’s a little off her game. But there’s at least one thing running into this stallion has been good for. All thoughts and memories of her mother have, for the moment, fled her mind. They will no doubt return later, but for the moment, the distraction is welcome.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll burn this whole city down; Michaelis - by Lyris - 06-25-2015, 01:30 PM