• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  do you feel like a young god? sakir

Sakir didn’t know what had transpired between them, wherever it was that Amet had found his headstrong twin. “I don’t know,” he pondered aloud at the mention of begging, though it probably sounded more like an angry nonsensical mumble. But he didn’t care. He was angry, upset, filled with grief for the empty part of his being that couldn’t be whole without her. He liked the way Amet baulked away from him, liked how the hurt was so easily readable as it shifted across his brother’s face. Sakir channelled him, with those cold hard eyes though he could never be so insatiably angry as he had been. This was fleeting, and damn it felt good. And he couldn’t help himself, the words out and loud as he snapped “You didn’t beg her to stay!” back at his brother. “You watched her go.” They both had… though his own lack of action lay buried somewhere in his subconscious. 

His deep breathing always helped though. And when Amet didn’t question him further on his whereabouts when his answer had hardly been forthcoming… well, that had helped too.

No, you haven’t,” he sighed, he knew he hadn’t made that easy, retreating here, away from the heart of the kingdom. Becoming a strange face to many when he needed to be so much more. “it’s been hard without her,” he admitted, “I’m not me anymore.” In more ways than one. He’d changed physically as well. The scales now covered him entirely, and perhaps would gleam a dusky dark bronze if he and Amet stood beneath a light source rather than the swarthy shadowiness cast by the branches they did stand beneath.

“I’m beginning to look more and more like you each day.” And his gaze fell away from Amet’s and instead on the leaf littered soil, downcast and fallen. “Everything’s changed so much. It’s horrible, but sometimes I wish I was back in the sands,” his soul ached to admit that aloud and yet he felt what he felt and Amet needed to understand. “there weren’t many moments, but Iset and I, we could be happy sometimes. Sometimes we could just forget.” Well he could at least, though he never wore Iset’s bruises or endured her physical pain. And in the dunes he also still had her, now he was without. 

"You think all this is worth it?" He asked, his eyes purposely still focused away from his brother's. "I'm not so sure."

Mr @[Amet]  Heart

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Amet - 09-25-2017, 04:32 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Amet - 09-26-2017, 02:00 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Sakir - 09-27-2017, 12:22 AM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Amet - 09-30-2017, 11:13 AM