• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  do you feel like a young god? sakir
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Sakir's gaunt face shoves Amet back to the Dunes and the traumas that had transpired there. He's suddenly woozy as His angry face swims through his thoughts, twisted and loud-mouthed as he encroached upon Iset and Sakir. Amet can't remember what He had been yelling (there had only been so much the young boy could keep in his head before it started to drive him nuts), instead it's the mixture of fear and defiance on his siblings' faces that he can remember as if they are still standing before him, resentful and damaged.

Their look-alike golden eyes remain fixed to each other as Amet coerces his thoughts back to the present, effectively locking Him away where He belongs. Sakir's accusatory retort draws a sharp inhale from the Dragon King and he takes a step back, hurt settling in the look upon his face. "You think that I didn't try those things? You think that I didn't beg her to come home?" Amet's ears have hidden themselves in their bed of tousled mane, an indignant mask to distract from the reddening of his gold-flecked eyes and the tears that threaten to well over.

His resolve hardens (you are a king, not a child, he chides himself silently in an effort to not entirely lose the confidence he has carefully molded and nurtured), his tone now newly sharp as he interrogates his brother. Amet nearly expects Sakir to scoff, to curl his lip up in disdain... but that would have been Iset's first reaction, not Sakir's. Instead, his raspy voice answers noncommittally - here and there - and Amet frowns but doesn't press him. Pushing Sakir further from him will only exacerbate the simmering distress between them.

When Sakir shoulders some of the blame, admitting to his own false steps. Amet's ears hesitantly flutter forward, the hot anger in his chest quelled as he takes a moment to truly inspect the dull scales and sunken eyes of his leather-plated brother. "And I haven't been the brother you need, either," he confesses to his younger brother, suddenly feeling vulnerable and heartsick in the absence of his flaring anger. "I just want our family back, Sakir. That's all I want. Protecting Hyaline and the people who call it home will mean nothing if I don't have you and Iset."
    Amet

@[Sakir]

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Amet - 09-25-2017, 04:32 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Amet - 09-26-2017, 02:00 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Amet - 09-30-2017, 11:13 AM