• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lone do I wander [Any]

Spring was the best time for a journey to a new place. Ardashir had taken this time of renewal to take a trip to The Forest. He thought himself old enough to journey away from his mother and his home land. Ard had learned at least one new lesson with this season of birth. He was not his mother’s true son. He had been abandoned in the den. How he came to know this was seeing other foals born now in lands that he had passed with their mothers watching over them and tending to them. He still loved his mother though and could not fault her for the situation he was found in. It took a strong mare to take in a child that was not her own flesh and blood.  

The cloudy weather of the spring showers kept the harsh rays of the sun from burning his pink skin. He was not a tenderfoot by any means but, when he could Ard liked to not be caked in dirt or mud. He had crested a small hill when the forest came into sight. Though spring brought with it warmth the ground still held onto a few patches of that snowy stuff he had come across. The winter slow to let go as he wandered down from the hill. The few patches of snow that remained were focused around the underside of trees where the sun could not touch them. He nosed a spot and took a clump of the cold stuff into his maw for a moist snack. It was not a very good water alternative but if you wanted to feel a crunching chill in your mouth snow would at least fill that.

Ardashir moved further into the line of trees his hooves making soft thudding noises upon the undergrowth. He kept his ears kean as he moved and his eyes scanned for dangers that might have lurked in the shadows of this place. The path he had chosen looked at least like it was some sort of game trail and he could smell the scent of deer, boar, and bear upon the ground as he passed. A bird called somewhere ahead and another answered. He took in the colors and the scents of this place. Ard could tell his own kind had walked this path as well and he wondered a little if anyone would be around to greet him.
    Ardashir
    The blue in an ocean of grey..

Messages In This Thread
    Lone do I wander [Any] - by Ardashir - 09-19-2017, 09:23 PM
    RE: Lone do I wander [Any] - by Jinju - 09-20-2017, 02:46 PM
    RE: Lone do I wander [Any] - by Ardashir - 09-21-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: Lone do I wander [Any] - by Jinju - 09-24-2017, 08:34 AM
    RE: Lone do I wander [Any] - by Ardashir - 09-27-2017, 02:54 PM
    RE: Lone do I wander [Any] - by Jinju - 10-13-2017, 12:56 PM
    RE: Lone do I wander [Any] - by Ardashir - 10-19-2017, 08:53 PM
    RE: Lone do I wander [Any] - by Jinju - 10-23-2017, 12:11 PM
    RE: Lone do I wander [Any] - by Ardashir - 10-27-2017, 04:48 PM