• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  do you feel like a young god? tangerine
    tangerine
    face to the sun

She missed him. She doesn't say it, it almost feels like a betrayal to think it, but she had. And she lets herself enjoy the feeling of his gaze and his attention - it warms her, and she doesn't ask why. 

"It has a cure, my ailment." A smile plays on her lips, not fully committed to humor but still, no darkness hides behind her eyes. It is an oversimplification, but simple problems have solutions.  "It's only restlessness, and a change of scenery is easy medicine." She sighs and her gaze breaks away from his to look out beyond the dark waters into the heavy dusk. This time, someplace new had come with a hefty price. "I come by it honestly though, it runs in my blood. And I may have passed the family curse on to Svedka too." As she speaks her son's name the reserved smile blossoms. It was always easier for the men to be wanderers and he would grow into the title with pride. Tang thinks of her mother and how she was growing to become that woman, she is not upset by this... but she isn't proud.

But these are not the answers her friend is looking for. Truly, her restless spirit if only the symptom of a deeper disease, does he suspect as much? She holds back another too heavy sigh. Between them, the owls and lightning bugs fill the silence with light and soft coos and the smile fades from her lips.

"Amet," Tang's voice lowers as the stars rise around them but her eyes remain focused on a mountain summit across the lake. He asks for honesty with his reassurance. 
    "Sometimes, I wish I wasn't this way." 

Motherhood had stirred new feelings in her.
    Over the past year, she had touched life and death, starlight and hellfire. She was changed, and she did know how to be someone different than she had always been before.  

"Sometimes, I wish I could be more like you." Finally, she turns her crown towards him as she tilts it to rest on his scaled neck.
    Like Warrick and Solace - She doesn't add aloud. 

Dependable. 
    >

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? tangerine - by Amet - 09-14-2017, 08:03 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? tangerine - by Tangerine - 09-16-2017, 09:47 PM