• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as if a glass could contain the sea, offspring
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    The cold that filters through the forest rests uneasily on the stallion’s broad navy wings, brushing icy fingers into the lithe bone and ruffling the smooth feathers with its crisp bite. Warrick flexes them instinctively, fluttering them outwards in a swift and gliding swoop to smooth them once again as he folds them back into the auburn of his withers and barrel.

The blue-bay stallion notices the tense stature of his brethren beside him, allowing the black stallion to fester in his thoughts for Warrick knew that it would soon subside. Offspring’s fire that flares during conflict does not go easily unseen, and does not easily cool. Warrick, level-headed and logical to a fault, understands the ferocity needed to be the ruler of a growing and strengthening kingdom, and despite many obstacles in his path (Hyaline, for instance), Offspring has led them and defended them admirably.

The forest is eerie and silent, save for the crunch of the light snow beneath their sturdy hooves. Vapor leaves their lips in clouds as the two converse, their voices adrift on the cold and unmoving winter air. Offspring mentions Amet, noting the bronze-gilded stallion’s growing independence and overall presence as a king. “He is an honorable leader,” Warrick replies with a swift and agreeing nod, the movement causing the thick black of his forelock to cascade over the crystal blue of his eyes, stark in contrast against the white and dying world around them. “There is a spirit in him that will grow and strengthen Hyaline – a spirit that matches well with our own.” He pauses, his navy legs matching the large stride of the towering black legs beside him. Despite already developing a sense of trust with the young dragon-king, Warrick knew too well that it would be foolish not to stand behind the small (yet ever growing) kingdom. He does not push into the issue any further, but merely plants a seed of a possible relationship between Tephra and Hyaline, where Offspring could decide its favorability.  It already felt like the two kingdoms were practically there, especially with the growing tension with Nayl and Nerine.

The conversation suddenly shifts, still comfortable and easy, yet suddenly more serious. A sort of quietness comes about Warrick, a certain thoughtfulness that looks well placed on the sharp features of his auburn and navy face. “Since I have arrived in Tephra, back when Magnus ruled, my sole desire is to serve to the prosperity of Tephra in whatever way is needed – I intend to keep that promise. Anything Tephra needs me to be, I will be. Head of Peace, Overseer…I will do so dutifully and honorably.”

Warrick never breaks his promises.  

“Come what may, I do hope you will remain part of the spirit of Tephra – I still have much to learn from you, Offspring.” A gentle smile pulls at the navy of his lips – Warrick is extremely thankful for the black stallion’s friendship and guidance, as well as his recognition of Warrick’s loyalty and judgment. He would hate to think that a promotion meant that Offspring would no longer be a part of Tephra’s beating heart.
    Warrick

@[Offspring]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as if a glass could contain the sea, offspring - by Offspring - 09-06-2017, 06:24 PM
    RE: as if a glass could contain the sea, offspring - by Warrick - 09-16-2017, 09:31 AM